Gallinule Fight Club (round 2)

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A sequence of pics of a fight amongst our feathered friends & original masters of Kung Fu.

1. The bell has rung, the opponents charge toward one another in a flurry! A magnificent flying front kick is delivered to the chest, sending his opponent reeling onto his back and making him vulnerable to his next move.
IMG_9441 (2)ps.jpg

2. He moves in for the finish but an unexpected upward thrust kick catches him off guard and he's thrown off balance! Suddenly, one's confidence is suffering and another's regained.
IMG_9442 (2)ps.jpg

3. A pause to shake off the fog in the head, regain composure and formulate a new plan of attack.
IMG_9443 (2)ps.jpg

4. The next chosen move is an axe kick, designed for thrusting downward with immense power when an opponent is exposed and his defenses limited. An excellent weapon of choice. He raises his claws to deliver the crushing blow ….

IMG_9444 (2)ps.jpg

5. … but his more experienced opponent sees what's coming before the blow is delivered and seizes his window of opportunity with another devastating thrust kick that foils his opponent's plans once again.
Tempers flare and in the background a manager cries foul and jumps into the ring … only to be met with blows from the other manager. It's pandemonium!
IMG_9445 (3)ps.jpg

The bell rings … they all go back to their corners.

Last edited:
These are great. Such a cool moment and you were there with the gear and skills.

As mentioned in the other thread, the only thing that detracts is the busy background. I played with 2 and 5 for a moment, cropped them a little tighter, and added a vignette to darken the busy environment. It helped to isolate the action IMO.

These are great. Such a cool moment and you were there with the gear and skills.

As mentioned in the other thread, the only thing that detracts is the busy background. I played with 2 and 5 for a moment, cropped them a little tighter, and added a vignette to darken the busy environment. It helped to isolate the action IMO.
These really are some great action shots!

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I figured everyone would just accept the background since it couldn't be helped so I didn't think to vignette but I can imagine in my minds eye how that would actually help. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm going to try it on one. As for the crop I do tend to crop a little loose because I like to show a little of the environment. I suppose that can be bothersome to some, depending on the environment. I'll try and keep that in mind in the future.

wow really awesome Kirk.. what a fight. real action caught forever on your photos......!!!

Excellent reporting skills! Great story and neat capture of events!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back