Garnet Mines

Middlemarch

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.foothills.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken w/an Olympus digital last summer. I'm into recording music as a hobby, and it seems this whole digital v. film debate is just like the digital v. analog debate in recording. There are pros and cons for each, I suppose...

GarnetMines6-1.jpg

First off, nice pic.

Second I agree wiht you completly. I dj music, and use vinyl records for it, and have heard/participated in conversations regarding the use of mp3's, final scratch and the like to mix music digitally, and it very much so reminds me of what I hear of discussions in the photography world too. But strangly my bias is completly reversed in photography. I like the instant gratification of digital. However, I do try to leave my photos relativaly untouched from the camera. There are occasions where I have cropped and edited my shots, but for the most part, I leave them as they are. Not that there is anything wrong with editing, I guess I'm just a purist, or I like to try to be.

I think it depends on the context more than enaything, if you are showing your skills/talents as a dj or a photographer, then it should be the raw unedited version. If you are trying to show what you are able to do as an artist, then you have a little more freedom to manipulate the finished product to make it exactly what you want to present. At least that is how I feel about it all.

ps: Sorry for the long post.

Again nice pic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back