What's new

Gate in my backyard

GreenGhost

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 6, 2007
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus
2468621967_7f71721cc7.jpg
 
I don't think gates possess the sentient thought necessary to say anything :blackeye:
No, but a photo should ;)
Maybe if you tried some PP effects? It doesn't really cut-it as it is... Sorry!
 
Yo..that picture is wack w/ a capital 'W'
 
This gate could have a lot of potential. Try retaking the photo when the light is interesting-- perhaps with the sun lighting just the gate, or full sun to bring out the color. Get closer to it, or better yet, get down really close to the ground so you have the patch of grass leading up to the gate and the gate itself, but very little else.
 
Yo..that picture is wack w/ a capital 'W'

There's an intelligent response.



As for the photo, it's not too strong IMO. If the gate is the subject I think it should take up more than 10% of the photo...it's tiny!

Also, a more interesting angle would help on such a common subject.
 
This photo shows a big amount of spring green, which is why it does "speak" to me, after all. Maybe the gate doesn't "say much" at this point, but the view does. As does the bit of red leaves from that other tree whose English name escapes me just now (or to tell you the truth: I simply don't know what a "Rotbuche" is called in English! :oops: ) which adds to the "natural frame inside the frame".

I like the kind of tunnel and the green of the grass leading us to the gate.

But then I am the known, TPF-inbuilt sucker for this very colour ... !!!
 
There's an intelligent response.



As for the photo, it's not too strong IMO. If the gate is the subject I think it should take up more than 10% of the photo...it's tiny!

Also, a more interesting angle would help on such a common subject.


Sorry, how does this sound. "It's a little to bright for my liking, put some DOF in the picture to give it some thing more to look at than just a flat picture, and place a focus point on the picture. I feel like i'm looking at several things, when I should be focused on one."
 
This photo shows a big amount of spring green, which is why it does "speak" to me, after all. Maybe the gate doesn't "say much" at this point, but the view does. As does the bit of red leaves from that other tree whose English name escapes me just now (or to tell you the truth: I simply don't know what a "Rotbuche" is called in English! :oops: ) which adds to the "natural frame inside the frame".

I like the kind of tunnel and the green of the grass leading us to the gate.

But then I am the known, TPF-inbuilt sucker for this very colour ... !!!
that was what I was going for. the plants arching over making a natural frame is what gave me the idea, but I will take advice and try to make it better. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom