General Critique#8 Please

OGsPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been a while. Trying to get better and better. I've been lurking and practicing!

Attachments

• IMG_2776-2.jpg
    IMG_2776-2.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 143
Try turning her legs slightly away from the camera.

First of all, beautiful little girl. :)
I like it, but if you could get some more light on her face, it is a little dark. I know that isn't an easy thing to do, with kids. :)

Awe, cute as a button. Little fill flash on the subject? Love the pic.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cute! I agree with the above posters that you could work on light a bit. I have big windows that are nicely diffused like that in my house too...I like to turn my daughter to allow the window to light her from the side rather than having it at her back. It ends up work out quite nicely, and although I haven't done it yet, I also understand that you can use a reflector on the side opposite the window to get some fill light on the face. I've mostly used PP to even the lighting in my photos.

Thanks for the CC.

@Watchful Not the best pose I agree!

@FITBMX I'll have to go back to the Raw file I did use a 200ws through an 33" umbrella and a speedlight through a 8" box for a fill/ hairlight. Seems I underexposed or messed up in post/ export.

@jcdeboever Yeah I had some fills, need to turn them up a bit I see or change something else.

@JonA_CT Thanks, will definately go back and check the lighting. Turning her to face the window is probably best but I was testing the neewer 200ws as a main with a speedlight to trigger.

I'll have to go back to the Raw file I did use a 200ws through an 33" umbrella and a speedlight through a 8" box for a fill/ hairlight. Seems I underexposed or messed up in post/ export.

I shoot everything in RAW, it saves you a lot of problems in the long run.:)

Pic was shot in raw. I'll look at the file again I dont know why it ended up so dark.

Most reactions

Back