What's new

Get Away Camaro Kiss

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
2,389
Reaction score
949
Location
Sharpsville,PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a favorite of mine so far from yesterday's wedding.

Obviously window glare, maybe a tad hot on the saturation and slightly 'cooked' for my normal taste. However I think it works here. I may even mess with some flare in a bit. We'll see.

Thoughts?

Newly weds sharing an intimate kiss after their ceremony in a historic Chevy Camaro.

$14350600740_f68e883a9c_c.webp

Original
$DSC_8988-2_zps0a2d4870.webp
 
I really like it, I think you did a great job dealing with the glare/reflection on the windshield. I think the colors look really good in the edit too. Nice job!

*edit*
The one thing that I might change is just to remove the little bit of cement curb to the left of the picture.
 
The original capture looks like crap. The retouch looks great!!!!! Really, really nice edit and wonderful color palette on the edit job!
 
Glad you retouched it! Good work, there is still a bit of reflection on the bride's side of the windshield but it's still visually strong and creates a little mood for the whole picture. Do play around with the flare somemore and share the outcome! What tools/software did you use for this by the way?
 
The difference between the original and the edit is incredible! Well done. That car looks like it's in beautiful condition. Have any pics of the whole thing?
 
Nice save - the original was pretty worrisome, but the end result is very nice.
 
The original capture looks like crap. The retouch looks great!!!!! Really, really nice edit and wonderful color palette on the edit job!

This. This is why I wait to comment on threads, so while I still have to think, someone else has written my thoughts. :lol:
 
Thanks everyone, I was a bit worried at first, all those views and no one commented haha. I thought it was a nice save too. It looks great in BW also.

Glad you retouched it! Good work, there is still a bit of reflection on the bride's side of the windshield but it's still visually strong and creates a little mood for the whole picture. Do play around with the flare somemore and share the outcome! What tools/software did you use for this by the way?
I used strictly Lightroom 5 for this.

Here you go

White Balance: Original 6550, Edited 8059
Tint: Original +26, Edited +15
Exposure: -.90
Contrast: +5
Highlights: -62
Shadows: +41
Whites: +49
Blacks: -100
Clarity: +24

Split toning
Highlights
Hue: 40
Sat: 24

Shadows
Hue: 0
Sat: 12

Graduated Filter (For the hood)
Temp: -27 (more blue)
Exposure: .20
Contrast: 16

Adjustment Brush
1. Background Only
Temp: 100
Tint: 100
Exposure: 3.59
Highlights: 100
Shadows: -28
Clarity: -100

2. Car Only
Temp: -100 (more blue)
Exposure: .50
Contrast: 100
Clarity: 100
Sat: 18

The difference between the original and the edit is incredible! Well done. That car looks like it's in beautiful condition. Have any pics of the whole thing?
I do, here is a "We broke down" photo, I haven't had a chance to edit it yet, but here you go.
$DSC_8978_zps680c825b.webp
 
It was a very nice car.

However the get away wasn't as nice. The car wouldn't start and it took him like 5 minutes to get it going. So everyone was just standing there waiting. Big cheer though when they got going.

Also pictured is "THAT guy"

$DSC_8771_zpsbf954292.webp
 
So...only like 27 separate discrete Lightroom steps needed to go from "worrisome" to awesome!!!!!!
 
I really really adore the first one!! What a fun shot!
 
Heres another shot with the car.

Flirty bridesmaids, eye rolling bride haha
$DSC_9009_zpsb2b7f868.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom