What's new

Getting into film photography, is a Canon AE-1 with Tamron 28-70 lens for $60 good?

amberk

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I really love some of the photographs on flickr that have been taken with the Canon AE-1, I'm just not sure if the lens is good? I can't find a lot of information on it!
Also, what's your opinion on the price? I have a Canon T1i and of course the price is very low in comparison to that but unfortunately I don't have a whole lot left after purchasing my DSLR! (Which I think I spent too much on) So I want to get the best deal possible. I also want to know what kind of places I can go to get film developed in Canada?
Thank you,
Amber
 
I'm not sure where you can get film developed in canada. You'll have to ask or look around up there.

However, I would go with just getting the Canon AE-1 body separately if you can. and pick up the 50mm f1.4 FD mount lens. That is probably the best lens i've used for that camera.
 
$60.00 is not bad with a lens.

A 50mm f1.4 is an excellent lens ... I had that stuck on my nF-1 most of the time.

Where are you in Canada ?
 
thank you both for the quick reply!
So do you think the Canon AE-1 is a good camera to start off with? The 50mm f1.4 sounds great, although probably slightly out of my price range! I have the f1.8 for my dslr and it's great, and I know the 1.4 is even better! Maybe I will save up a little :)

Raphael- I added you on flickr, your photos are great!
Dxq- I live in Nova Scotia, so I'm a little ways away from you! Could you tell me more about your nf-1, if you don't mind?

cheers!
 
It's a different mount they are talking about you use EF on your DSLR...on that camera it's an FD mount...they're cheaper since they aren't compatible with the DSLRs...
 
If you own a canon digital the last manual focus film camera you should consider is a canon.

Why? Because you can buy inexpensive adapters to mount nearly every film era manual focus lens on your digital except canon fd mount.

Whatever you buy make sure you get a fast 50mm with it
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom