getting started

bobbie26

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
looking to start the business of my dream and i have a few question :

starting out what did you charge? and how did you get there price?

i am working on buying the rest of the things i need to get stated what id the one thing you cant live with out went you go started in your business

thanks bobbie

Go to the library and pick up some books on running a small business and or running a photography business. What you charge is crucial to the success of your business, so take some time and do tons of research. The one thing you can not live without is a long term business plan with goals and all that fun stuff.

Here on TPF we would need more info to help you. Starting with the the type of photography you want to do (be specific), education/experience and current overhead.

Love & Bass

Last edited:
I agree with craig. I have just started planning my bussiness and it helps to have your things orginized.

Good luck with your business!

I have just recently started my business, and I admit my prices are pretty low, not rock bottom. (for my area) I intend to raise my prices at the first of the year. Business is starting to come in and so far things seem to be going well. As far as must have: My website has been very valueable as far as getting clients considering word of mouth does not really exist when you are starting out. And I spent money to ensure I had the right gear to do the job (fast glass). I did not figure blowing a job because my equipment was not capable of producing great images in low light situations would be a good business move. Like I said just really getting started, so others with more experience and a tested successful business will have more valueable advice. Good luck!

looking to start the business of my dream and i have a few question :

starting out what did you charge? and how did you get there price?

i am working on buying the rest of the things i need to get stated what id the one thing you cant live with out went you go started in your business

thanks bobbie

Base your prices on your experience, what the market will bear and what you need to make to cover your costs.

If you going into business, you need insurance. Equipment and Liability. Don't go to your homeowners insurance guy either, get professional photographers insurance from places like Hill and Usher.

Also, better make sure your contracts are rock solid. See a professional attorney.

Do you need to collect sales tax? Check with your state government.

How much have you set aside for marketing? Websites only work if people are on the internet.

Most reactions

Back