What's new

Getty Villa and a LensBaby

Seefutlung

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
62
Location
SoCal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some snaps with the LensBaby:

#1
434445300_aMPnj-L-1.jpg


#2
434444689_dKMPa-L.jpg


#3
434444499_M8QPu-L.jpg


#4
434446443_VgwiY-L.jpg


Full Gallery is here:

http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/6798507_3Zopg#434444689_dKMPa

Gary
 
2 and 4 are my favs i wish i had the money to afford one of these lenes
 
2 and 4 are my favs i wish i had the money to afford one of these lenes

Thanks keybq ... these were with the LensBaby 2 ... about $150.

Gary

434445339_4nJP2-L-1.jpg
 
Ah. The by far most beautiful photo saved until last? ;)
The new one is really beautiful, what with the sun lighting up that water lily from behind. Precious light!
Second best (now - was the winner until the water lily appeared) is the little knight. Or Roman warrior, methinks ... not knight. And then, yes, I agree with keybq on that, it's that arcade. The other two don't do anything for me though.
 
Very nice shots Gary. I don't recall any Lens Baby shots that have impressed me, but these certainly do.
 
Lens babies are always fun to mess around with imo.
But #2 is my fav or the flower in the other post you added =]
 
Thanks LaFoto, Abraxas and Nurf ... LensBabys are interesting to use ...

434446015_moDp8-L.jpg
 
I like #4 and the water lily. Is there any control over the size and amount of blur with one of those?
 
I like #4 and the water lily. Is there any control over the size and amount of blur with one of those?

Yes, you have aperture control and the more you tilt and shift the greater the blur and vice versa.

Less Blur


434446154_25HTz-L.jpg


With the Lensbaby 2 ... while fast to use, you give up control for speed. Other Lensbabys have greater control.

Gary
 
Nice photos :) I've never really been into this look much, but I really like #2 of yours and all the ones you posted individually after the initial post.
 
Thanks Lyncca ... a LensBaby is no different than ... say a fisheye ... just another photographic tool and look ... works for some people ... does'n work for others.

Gary

434445584_vUY5Y-L.jpg
 
oooo, no. 2 does all sorts of things to me. Awsome. Gonna nominate it for POTM :)
 
I agree, excellent use of a lensbaby in these... makes me wanna buy one again!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom