Going green side up!

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another great day to be alive. I had a shoot with the Canadian Harvards, a Canadian Aerobatic Team, and these are a few of the results. The Harvards are a WWII training aircraft and the CH's perform and aerobatic routine at airshows across Canada and the United States.

Over the top! At 4.5Gs the D-70 gets really heavy
11Sept04_CDN_Harvards_111.jpg

Going down the back-side of the loop. That is our smoke shadow on the land below.
11Sept04_CDN_Harvards_099.jpg

Formation Break!
11Sept04_CDN_Harvards_039.jpg

Heading straight down. The G Force was more than I expected and it was very hard holding the camera during the pull-out. I'm now paying the price with sore mussels and an acking back :?
11Sept04_CDN_Harvards_114.jpg

A view from the back seat of the Harvard looking straight down 8)
11Sept04_CDN_Harvards_129.jpg

As a side bonus I shot a buddies Piper Colt out of a Starduster biplane 8) Crazy Mainer this is Mike's Colt. He flew the SE-5a on your shoot at Geneseo if I remember right.
11Sept04_Mike_s_Colt_C-FTDC_028.jpg

11Sept04_Mike_s_Colt_C-FTDC_064.jpg

What a great day to be alive :!: :!:

Eric

I like your first and third picture from the group. Nice airplane formations and smoke trails in those two. I also enjoy the perspective you get from the cockpit because it's hard to get the same perspective from the ground. Nice work, AIRIC.

Now Eric,

Didn't I tell you to make sure you were wearing a Body Mounted harness to hold the camera when you are doing High G Stuff. I bet your Arms and Legs are killing you now. :twisted: :roll:

By the Way if you talk to Mike say Hello for me I would love to come up and do some more Air to Air with the Guys.

Talk to you later.

Cheers Crazymainer

Awesome!

Being the dork that I am I calculated your camera would weigh about 6lb without the battery or lense. :p I love seeing the shaddow of the smoke in the shots. Very cool!

I have a few hours in a Piper Colt, but nose wheel conversion. Good times!

-Brett :)

Didn't I tell you to make sure you were wearing a Body Mounted harness

Who needs a body harness? All I need is a few days to recover :roll: As well, the tight harness and parachute straps have left me a little sore in spots. :shock: No nooky tonight :cry:

Eric

Wonderful shots as always Eric, thanks for sharing!

Absolutely incredible, you are one very fortunate person!
Really crisp and superb colors, so what was the lens, exposure etc.?
Never thought about the G-force thing in that situation until you mentioned it, bet you're glad you weren't using my lump of a 10D.

wow! Those are probably the best air-shots I've ever seen! Awesome! Congrats Airic. And what's more, those are the pics that I really enjoy!

Most reactions

Back