Going on a trip need some advice please

Feezor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I am going to be going on a short trip to northern california in the Santa Cruz and San Francisco area I want to get some good pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge and some other good shots of the scenery and anything really I can find. All of my gear is in my signature. I have access to a canon 70-200 mm L lens while I am up there because the person I am helping move has one and will let me borrow it.

Anyone been in that area and have any suggestions as to places I should make sure I see? Or any ideas on how I can use my current gear for some cool shots of the bridge?

Feezor,

I am from San Francisco but live in So Cal now. SF is a photographer's paradise. Modern architecture downtown, Painted Ladies (Victorian houses) in the neighborhoods, Golden Gate park (you can go into the museums, aquariums, Japanese Tea Gardens, Conservatory of flowers. You can shoot in the museums if you don't use a flash. Great 360 panoramas from Coit Tower on Telegaph Hill. Try Hyde Steet Pier (Fishermans warf) for Sailing Ships and the near by Nautical Museum. Several good views of the Golden Gate Bridge from Fort Point (SF side directly under the south tower). Google Map Sausalito (charming town with marina) and find the road that takes you west of HWY 1 for the standard shot of the bridge. Don't forget the Bay Bridge from the Ferry Building area (downtown, foot of Market street). Panoramas from Nob Hill and Russian hill. Will you have a car? If you have a driver, shooting up at the bridge towers is fun. How long do you have there? If you have time, drive north on Hwy 1 from Sausalito to Bodega Bay for spectacular coastline. If you PM me with transportation and time details, I can be more specific. Also you can Google "Corbis" and type in San Francisco for ideas. Tom Beard

Last edited:
Thank you very much for all the info I will be in a car and have another person with me so they can drive for any specific shots I want and I will be there for basically 1 full day. I will PM for more info

Thanks again

Most reactions

New Topics

Back