What's new

Golden Barn in Quebec

paxye

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
Quebec, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday the golden colours of the harvest just glowed in the sun...

3048651347_b8f15a1e9a_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
Wow! You shot that one at the right time of day!

There are three things I'd suggest that could improve this image:

1) Get a little closer and go a little wider for a dramatic effect
2) Place the barn closer to the left of the frame, centered compositions are usually boring
3) Use a polarizer to get a nice, deep blue in the sky and contrasty clouds
 
Wow! You shot that one at the right time of day!

There are three things I'd suggest that could improve this image:

1) Get a little closer and go a little wider for a dramatic effect
2) Place the barn closer to the left of the frame, centered compositions are usually boring
3) Use a polarizer to get a nice, deep blue in the sky and contrasty clouds


Thank you for your suggestions :) I will play with it...
 
How is this?

3049764575_7ac2bd5e56_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
That crop makes it much better already! Another thing I just thought of is that boosting the contrast a bit would bring out some really nice details in the barn and foreground.
 
thanks again... and yes... it makes quite a difference :D

3049764575_020f1c0442_b.jpg
 
Hi. I think that the picture just needs to be balanced and some contrast added. The picture has a yellow cast to it, and I think that is not allowing the true depth to come through.

I went for the 'stark' look, to make it seem more cold and lonely, suggesting the expanse beyond the closeup of the barn.

I agree about the clouds. I did a faux-infrared treatment on the clouds, then added contrast and color balance to the rest:

paxye2.jpg


I think the jpeg artifcats starting showing in the sky, though, because of the repost of a repost issue. :) Rob
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom