Golden Eagle, Magpie, and Christmas Dinnner

jmthompson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jmthompsonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spotted these guys on the side of the road when out driving around looking for photo ops on Christmas Day. Watched them for about an hour, at times laughing so hard I would forget to take pictures!

At first, the golden eagle is dining peacefully...
446373299_a8A9g-L.jpg

Pest incoming!!!
446373257_ZLXGH-L.jpg

The magpie immediately went behind the golden and started pulling on his tail feathers. Every time he would start to eat, the magpie would grab his tail feathers and pull. The golden would lift his head up, and the magpie would jump back.
446373227_UTuq4-L.jpg

After about 15 minutes, his feathers were starting to get a little ruffled!!
446373319_vJSxc-L.jpg

We weren't sure what was going to happen first...the magpie was going to give up, or the golden was going to get fed up and have magpie for lunch. The magpie eventually gave up!

Dining peacefully...in true Christmas spirit!!!
446373278_XW3rY-L.jpg

Reminds me of the dinner table at Christmas time when I was a kid with three older brothers...lots of bickering, and then we would finally settle down and eat (but our dinners did look ALOT more appetizing)!!!! :D

Excellent photos and what a great opportunity! I'd have been laughing as well!

Derrick

Hey, I just realized....Spearfish isn't that far from here. Great area you live in there!

Thanks Derrick! Spearfish isn't bad, but I actually consider Story, Wyoming, my home (even if I live in Spearfish!), and it is SSOOO much better :D !!!! That is where these pictures were taken.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back