Good camera for a beginner?

Jack71

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Jack..newbie here.. I'm interested in photography, but have done little but take some pictures on a rather inexpensive digital camera. I've gotten some money, and I'm ready to buy a better camera, and I was thinking the GE Power Pro X500. Is this a good camera for a beginner?

Welcome to the site. First whats your Budget,Second do you really want a bridge camera with no option of changing lenses for better optics.Last that camera is probably medicore IQ and not going to be very good in low light and there is much better options out there but again,depending on your budget.

Post your budget and what type of photography you wish to do will help others help you recommend other options.

Depending on what you're looking to get out of it, any camera could be classed a "good camera for a beginner", If you're invested and serious about developing your interest and learning more then I, as I a am sure many will, will say that there's many things to learn on which can be applied to even the most basic camera. I recommend you do your research and start with a camera you feel comfortable with - a second hand older DSLR may be a better starting point if that is the way you want to go in my opinion..

Photography is not about the equipment you use, and even people with the most expensive setups take bad pictures... You have to learn the basics, light, composition etc... and there's a lot to learn, just enjoy it and have fun with

Good luck with your choice

Most reactions

New Topics

Back