Good editing program

hyg71886

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
High everyone, I have my Nikon d40 w/ stock lens now and took about 600 shots last weekend (naturally i thought most of them sucked and through out over 400 lol). I have the new photo shop but it is EXTREMELY complicated to use. Is there another good program you all would recommend? Also I am considering whether to purchase a 55-200mm or 75-300mm nikkon lens because every time I tried to get a good shot of a bird the freaking thing was to far on the stock lenses (and man was I pissed).

Photoshop Elements can do most of what a photographer would want and it's more 'user friendly'.

Of course, you could always learn more about Photoshop...take a class, but some books etc.

I'll get photo shop elements and try it, cs3 is just to complicated

Photoshop will make you work for it, but learning how to use it well will pay back the time and energy investment many times over.

Lightroom!

Fantastic application, very easy to work with. You can do a lot in it, then switch to PS for the more detailed stuff.

But with Lightroom I get through editing WAY faster than I ever did with Bridge. And it's non destructive editing.

Good luck.

I'm gonna try lightroom and elements. I'm also waiting on my military money so I can get the 75-300mm lens for bird arrial shots, etc

I'm gonna try lightroom and elements. I'm also waiting on my military money so I can get the 75-300mm lens for bird arrial shots, etc

Hey, whats ur budget for that lens anyway? Which specific lens are u talking about?

EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III

If you are talking about that lens, i have it and am generally displeased with its quality.

I suggest looking into a lens in the same zoom range, but better quality.
EF 70-200mm series ($550-$1600; 4 different lenses; "L" Quality)
EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM ($550)

I meant the Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED AF lol. I don't want to spend over 500

hm...I've got the 55-200mm AF-S VR lens on the way, and I'm not sure how far away you are wanting to take pictures from.
This might be a decision you really want to think about since there is such a price difference in the 55-200 and 70-300mm lens. I would normally say that there is no doubt what you should get, but I've used the 70-300mm and was set on buying it until...a few days ago. I was going to use it for my son's baseball games. But I realized that A.) I don't have to take over 400 pictures everytime he plays a game and B.) I don't need to zoom in at 300mm because I was cutting off body parts and stuff like that. And I sit pretty far away at his games.

Having said that, I have NO idea how far away these birds are that you want to take pictures of. I'm not a bird shooter.:mrgreen:

So, I opted for the 55-200mm and am also getting the Sigma 10-20mm lens (OH GOD, I CANNOT WAIT! Distorted people pictures waiting to be taken-HERE I COME EEEEEEEKKKK, cannot wait!).

So...if you decide that you can get away with using the 55-200mm nikon lens, you can possibly use the extra money you saved from not buying the 70-300mm lens, and maybe put it towards another lens for a completely different purpose.:mrgreen:

Photoshop CS3 is hard??? How so? Its like one of the most user-friendly applications I've seen and used. I am a puter geek though.

GNU Image Manipulation Program is awesome as well. Just as easy to script in there as it is in PS CS3.

Photoshop CS3 is hard??? How so? Its like one of the most user-friendly applications I've seen and used. I am a puter geek though.

Ya as am I but I guess i havent really tried delving into it yet i am now. It also doesnt help that my main rig is down because of another raptor malfunction:grumpy: this is the 3rd 1 jesus

I use lightroom too, sorting and quick changes is soooo easy, and the library features are great. Im not quite a computer geek, (well not talented geek that is)

Another vote for Lightroom! I have however heard good things about Breeze Browser Pro also. Anyone out there use this??

Most reactions

Back