TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Nikon D80

Nikon 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera and 18-135mm f/3.5 - f/5.6 DX Zoom-Nikkor lens
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery and charger
A/V cable, USB cable
Body cap, eyepiece cap, rubber eyecup, LCD monitor cover, accessory shoe cover
PictureProject CD-ROM and owner's manual

All this for the price of $849.99 Is this is a good price?
Also I know the VR lens means vibration reduction.....aren't these better than the DX...What is the DX stand for and what is it?

Beware of low prices that you find on the internet. Best to stick with stores you know or have a good reputation. I'd suggest Adorama or B&H Photo.

run fast, run hard from the tantalizing low internet prices!

Be wary of online prices. Check the sites Big Mike mentionned for accurate pricing. If things are way below that price, then be careful, it could be a scam.

As for Nikon terminology and what their lenses do, a quick google search should help you learn that, and probably a visit to the Nikon site. There are many acronyms on all lenses, so best to research and get the info on your own. :)

Oy vey. I thought we settled this already. Remember. 780 for the D80, 50MM and SB600? Why do I go through all the trouble. . .

Nikon D80

Nikon 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera and 18-135mm f/3.5 - f/5.6 DX Zoom-Nikkor lens
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery and charger
A/V cable, USB cable
Body cap, eyepiece cap, rubber eyecup, LCD monitor cover, accessory shoe cover
PictureProject CD-ROM and owner's manual

All this for the price of $849.99 Is this is a good price?
Also I know the VR lens means vibration reduction.....aren't these better than the DX...What is the DX stand for and what is it?

Beware of these very low places. Before you buy from anywhere online do a search for the site here:

Store Ratings and Reviews by Real People - Trusted Online Shopping

I can't even begin to explain how much trouble this site kept me out of.

Oy vey. I thought we settled this already. Remember. 780 for the D80, 50MM and SB600? Why do I go through all the trouble. . .

LOL we did settle but when I clicked on the link that took me to the page to buy, there were several different options for the d80 and I didnt understand which package came with what. This is why I need help LOL

Beware of low prices that you find on the internet. Best to stick with stores you know or have a good reputation. I'd suggest Adorama or B&H Photo.

This price above is from the Best Buy website.

LOL we did settle but when I clicked on the link that took me to the page to buy, there were several different options for the d80 and I didnt understand which package came with what. This is why I need help LOL

It's not a package, it was individual items the total of which was 781 dollars. Each link should have taken you to the individual items unique web page.

) High ISO on the D90 is a great improvement that allows me another stop for those lower-light handheld situations. Every little bit helps.
2) Dynamic Range - The D90 gives about 1EV of additional range.
3) 3" lcd display - For these old eyes I need all the help I can get. And blurry out of focus shots I can see without zooming to delete.
4) ISO displayed in viewfinder also can change iso on the fly with the sub-command wheel.
5) Shutter Life - D90 is rated 2x the D80 at 100,000 clicks.
6) D-Lighting - Improvements there also.
7) 3D tracking - Lock on subject and during recomposing the AF Point will change to keep subject focused. Great for motion tracking?
8) Self-Cleaning - Still skeptical how well this feature works.
9) Info Button - Now can get quick Top Lcd readings on back LCD with built-in changing of D-lighting,High noise NR,Picture adjustment,Function button assignment,etc.
10) Picture preview - When reviewing picture tap up once and all picture settings and exposure info displayed with small histogram all laid out in nice easy format to read.
11) Frame rate - D90 gives 50% more at 4.5fps the D80 3fps.
D90>D80

That is not the definition as it applies to this. He is talking about nikon Dx lenses. These have a smaller image circle specifically for DX bodies.

Most reactions

Back