good way to learn... physics

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
uhh yeah. I'm in the last class of a high school and in April and May I'm going to take my final exams (something like A-levels I suppose, but I'm not sure :p). Then I'd like to study at the Technical University. I chose Electronics and Telecomunication as my faculty. BUT...

To get there I have to pass my exams with the fying colours. I have to take Polish (as my native language), English (as a foreighn language) on an advanced level, Maths and... Physics

Actually I've no idea how to learn it properly. I'm doing many exercises and deal with problem-solving tasks. What else I can do? Read a theory? If so - what for? What to pay attention on? What to keep in mind during learning? Any ideas?

Or maybe I should give it up, but I hat giving up. So I'm sure I'll try it.

Some people learn well from books, some people need it explained to them, some people need to see it.

Trying to take it right out of a book would drive me crazy.

I would suggest finding someone to tutor you, if you can.

It depends on the kind of education system you are in. British style where all you do is to tackle exams or American style where it's more about the concept?

If you just want to pass exams, I am sure there are practise books that are catered to provide you with questions to work on. Well, ultimately, it is the concept that is the most important. If you understand the concept VERY WELL, you won't have any problem with any question. So be sure to ask your teachers questions until you fully understand it. You paid for their time. It's their duty.

Just for starters... how about a 'Physics for Dummies' book... (no implications intended!)

thanks,
What makes me mad is time dilatation and MAxwell's equation because I have problems with that. So we will see... I have still about half a year :D

You could get the concept of gravity by jumping off a building.... Just kidding yo.... I mean it would help but you would probably get hurt.... :D

The best way to learn physics for myself was to read a book with great illustrations. Sometimes just a simple picture will help you learn the whole concept... Just my two cents anyway.

Word :D

molested_cow said:
It depends on the kind of education system you are in. British style where all you do is to tackle exams or American style where it's more about the concept?

That's not the way I've found it, I'll agree that the British style is to ensure you know your stuff by giving regular exams but the only way you'll pass is to really know it.
The American system requires that you simply attend for as long as they can milk your bank account.
Generally speaking, I've also found American instructors to not be as knowledgeable.

If you just want to pass exams, I am sure there are practise books that are catered to provide you with questions to work on. Well, ultimately, it is the concept that is the most important. If you understand the concept VERY WELL, you won't have any problem with any question. So be sure to ask your teachers questions until you fully understand it. You paid for their time. It's their duty.

Definitely agree with that though, if you can understand the basics you'll have a foundation to build on so if you don't understand something keep at your instructor until you do and good luck!

I thought that was Newtons 1st law of motion...

Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to stay in motion unless acted on by an outside force.

aggiezach said:
You could get the concept of gravity by jumping off a building.... Just kidding yo.... I mean it would help but you would probably get hurt.... :D

My phisics techer told me once that that would be the best idea :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back