Got my first piece of L glass today!

L lens are overrated.

Said by someone without L glass?
Some of it really is though, like the 16-35 and 100L. The original 16-35 was terrible, the new one is OK, the 17-40 is just as good if you don't need f/2.8. The regular 100mm Macro is pretty much just as sharp as the 100L. The original 24mm f/1.4L wasn't too stellar at f/1.4 and had lousy bokeh, the 35L's corners never get super sharp and the bokeh can be rough, granted they're generally better than the consumer equivalents, but they're not perfect. There aren't very many perfect lenses made by anyone.

Two things wrong with the second photo...... being that close to your subject makes the Lego blocks look HUGE and there is a flattened Dalmation in the background. Poor fella, was it run over by a Tonka dump truck?. :lol:

Congratz on the glass.

Two things wrong with the second photo...... being that close to your subject makes the Lego blocks look HUGE and there is a flattened Dalmation in the background. Poor fella, was it run over by a Tonka dump truck?. :lol:

LOL!!!!!!

Bah! L glass sucks! I bought one for my D7000 and it took me an hour to get the thing to mount and the pictures looked like crap.

So did no one get that I was joking or did no one think it was funny? If it wasn't funny, that's cool. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I was just kidding.

I just thought you were a super nooob.. haha

Congratz on the glass.

Well, those blocks are huge. No comment on the Dalmatian, though. :p

Congrats on the glass. I have the 17-40 and love it. If your camera has decent ISO capabilities, you shouldn't miss the 1 stop from the 2.8 ( unless of coarse we are talking for DOF effect ). Supposedly Canon is releasing a 17-40 Mark II sometime later this year or early next year. Not sure what the improvements will be, maybe IS?

Bah! L glass sucks! I bought one for my D7000 and it took me an hour to get the thing to mount and the pictures looked like crap.

So did no one get that I was joking or did no one think it was funny? If it wasn't funny, that's cool. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I was just kidding.

I just thought you were a super nooob.. haha

You must admit though, anyone who could get a Canon lens on a Nikon body (especially a noob) has skills.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back