Got my new 50mm f/1.8...

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had to play a little with it tonight...I took a few pictures at school. There's a golf course behind the school that is absolutely beautiful. They have these beautiful white birds and I was trying to get some shots of them, but they just wouldn't have anything to do with me. I'll try again.

Anyway...My son was a little more cooperative than the birds, so I used him as a model. :mrgreen: They're not the most exciting pictures, but I would love some feedback!! Thank you!!

1)
DSC_0061.jpg

2)
DSC_0122.jpg

3)
DSC_0131.jpg

Not bad shots, I like #3 the best. I got my nifty fifty two weeks ago and love it.

Just because your lens opens up to 1.8 doesn't mean you should shoot there. In the shot of the boy it looks like you missed focus which is probably because of the f/1.8. The depth of field is razor thin so any slight focusing errors will be blatantly obvious. Most lens don't perform their best wide open either. The sweet spot of the f/1.8 is by closing it down by 2 full stops.
Just some friendly advice because everyone who gets this lens seems to wonder why they miss focus so often and it would be because they are shooting wide open.

It is a great lens though and you don't have to be at f/1.8 to get a really nice DOF. Have fun with it - my 50mm hasn't left my camera since I got it!

NIFTYFIFTY<3

Cannot wait to get this lens! #3 is very nice. I think it tells a very good story

Most reactions

New Topics

Back