Got Sand ?

camz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3829481506_92be467ac8_o.jpg

awesome capture, and I really like the colours in this. very vibrant :)

Thanks. I really wish I had a macro lens for times like these. I would've loved to just had it framed around the floating sand grains and her hand as she brushed it off the slide.

Any suggestions on how might I have framed this differently? (edits are welcomed for this thread)

Edit: Reason why I ask is the leg seems to be getting in the way however I look at cropping it. Or am I just chasing a ghost since the leg ended up aligned with the hand.

Last edited:
I love that the sand grains in the air seem to jump right out of the picture.

Very nice shot. I love the way the grains of sand are right there frozen in time. About framing it differently, it seems that this shot was more of a spur of the moment shot that you just had no time to think about how you can compose it to make it better. Maybe if it was shot from higher, more like a birds eye view perspective, then you may have been able to only get the hand as a brush, but you most likely would have lost the awesome effect of how the grains of sands stands out over the shadow.

I love the image, great colors. It's simply stunning.

I love that the sand grains in the air seem to jump right out of the picture.

Thanks!

Very nice shot. I love the way the grains of sand are right there frozen in time. About framing it differently, it seems that this shot was more of a spur of the moment shot that you just had no time to think about how you can compose it to make it better. Maybe if it was shot from higher, more like a birds eye view perspective, then you may have been able to only get the hand as a brush, but you most likely would have lost the awesome effect of how the grains of sands stands out over the shadow.

I love the image, great colors. It's simply stunning.

She was brushing the sand grains off the slide for a couple of minutes and I actually got a few shots although they were from the same angle. I'm actually really kicking myself on this one b/c I wish I had framed it differently. Framing wise what you said would've worked great I think. Overall I'm pretty satisfied I guess it's just one of those what ifs..

Thanks for the comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back