Graduated ND Fliter size for 77mm lens cap??!

freeflydive

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gallery.me.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! I'm looking to purchase a soft graduated ND filter (3 stops) to fit my 77mm diameter lens (17-55mm/2.8). What size filter would I need to have enough space to move it up and down? Any setup recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Majdi

What do you mean up or down? Sounds to me like you'd get a 77mm ND filter for a 77mm filter thread lens.

What do you mean up or down? Sounds to me like you'd get a 77mm ND filter for a 77mm filter thread lens.

I was refering to the drop-in filters and holders. I'm trying to figure out what size is suitable for a 77mm diameter lens which enables me to move the "graduated" portion up and down depending on the where I place the horizon as I compose the photograph. I'm looking at either a Lee or Tiffen filter...just need to figure out the size! I'd call a store, but I'm currently deployed to Iraq! sigh

Cheers,
Majdi

Last edited:
Most Lee, Singh-Ray & Tiffen rectangular filters will fit the Cokin "P" series holder which is 84mm wide. You can slide the filter up/down to fit your scene.

Most reactions

Back