Grain Elevator for C&C

Kansasdude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There was a storm approaching and I was trying to find something interesting to shoot. Out of the dozen shots I took, two seemed worthy of including in my online gallery. I know I spent longer trying to get the processing right than I did capturing the shots. I had never given much thought to how a scene might be processed until these images. There were literally a dozen different choices I could have made, each altering the scene subtly. In the end I settled on these choices as the best representation of the mood at the time.

4548977413_74a008b9b0_o.jpg

4548977057_856ff83613_o.jpg

Kansas

The second shot shows promise. I like the angle and the engines in the shot adding some color. The engines also help to break up the lines of the grain elevators.
I am not sure if you are in focus, that may have occurred during PP.

Theres alot of elevators in your area. I really think these pictures speak to someone like me who grew up in South Central Kansas. I' believe the second is better for its angle but I would've sacrificed a little more ground to insure the entire elevator top was in the picture,
I would think a good time for elevators is July and August during the harvests, might be a thought. The first picture has me wanting to see the lowered cloud thats behind the elevator, but thats me . :lol:

A perspective control lens or a camera with tilts and shifts might help those pictures. Alternatively, if you have a negative, use the tilts and shifts available with an enlarger to straighten the perspective.

Once in a great while oddball perspective is really useful, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back