Grand Splendid live @ Divan Orange (Montreal)

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple of months ago I asked for help on shooting a live show (see here). Last week the show finally happened and here are the results (ATTENTION: it's a slideshow with music, so make sure to lower the volume of your speakers if your family is in bed):

Grand Splendid live @ Divan Orange - slideshow
(I can't embed the slideshow on this forum... Are the HTML tags deactivated? Oh well... hopefully you guys will take a look even if it's a link. )

I thought ISO 3200 would be the highest I'd need to go (I shot with a couple f/2.8 lenses and also a slower, longer zoom). I ended up cranking 'er up to ISO 12800 for some images! My brother (lead singer and songwriter of the band) is ultra happy... but then again he knows nothing about photography.

Thanks for taking a look!

It looks like without photos this thread is useless :)

Here are a couple...

p824201475-4.jpg

p1014189755-4.jpg

I'd really appreciate your feedback and suggestions on these and the other photos on the slideshow. I'm looking for comments in general, not photo-specific. Thanks!

the general rule for guitar shots is either cut the neck off just past the fretting hand or leave the whole headstock in the frame. Also, if you have to chose between having the fretting hand and the picking hand in focus, it's generally preferred that the fretting hand be in focus.

#1 the background is pretty busy, but I doubt you could do much about that. It's actually very good for a drummer shot, which is the hardest shot to get.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back