Great Find!

Scoody

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saturday went to a local Homeland Security auction to see if I could find a cheap car. Have a 15 year old grandson who will be getting his license when he turns 16 on Groundhog Day. Found a nice 2004 Ford Mustang that had been seized by Border Patrol. I took a chance because it didn't start and I did not know if it was going to run or if anything was wrong with it. I towed it home and parked it in my driveway and planned to work on it during the week. That was not good enough for my grandson. He rode his bike to my house and was knocking on my door early this morning.

I told him we would get a new battery once we got it cleaned out. It had some gym bags full of clothes, and other random stuff tossed in it. Under the gym bags was a nice backpack which turned out to be a camera bag. In it were two Canon 6D cameras, a 85mm 1,8 and a 300mm 2,8 lens. about a dozen SD cards and a shitload of USBs. There were also a couple of flashes, some filters and a Pocket Wizard with two triggers.

My grandson who works as my assistant sometimes and really likes photography will be getting one of those cameras. A bit of of an upgrade from the T3 I gave him sometime back. I think the guy who owned this car before was a pro. There was a really nice vest in one of the gym bags but it was too small for me.

There was also a lock box under the seat but I haven't looked in it yet because my grandson has stayed on me about getting a battery for this car and hearing it run. I will check in later with what I found in it.

Handgun, cash, remnants of dope, disease, bodily fluids, etc.

Good luck!

Have you checked the images on the storage devices?

Good luck!

The lock box I had to drill out. There was $700 cash in it. All $10 dollar bills which seemed odd. There were also two full Glock magazines but no gun. A couple more USBs also. I haven't checked out anything on the SD cards or the USBs yet, this kid is being a pest about the car.

I got a new battery from Walmart and the car fired right up. The engine is sound, no weird noises or leaks. The AC is nice and cold. The power steering pump might need to be replaced. Will probably replace all the hoses and the serpentine belt before I let kid have it just to be on the safe side.

My wife was checking out the stuff in the gym bags. One was full of lingerie. Not the Victoria Secret kind, but the high end kind strippers wear on stage. She also found a little bit of coke in that bag. She called me to go get it. She had a real problem with that crap years ago and refuses to go near it or even touch it since she got clean.

The mens clothes in the bag is a lot like stuff I wear. Khaki cargo pants, veteran and patriot themed t-shirts. A couple of shemahgs. There was a really nice pair of PC Principle mirrored Oakleys also.

I am really curious about this guy now. I did make out ok with the cameras, lenses cash and Oakleys. If I can get my wife to model the stripper wear and maybe give me a lap dance it would be a complete win.

That's a nice find. All I found in the 99 Mustang I bought was $4 in change under the front seat.

I'm surprised that Homeland Security would let go of the car without searching it. Particularly relative to the coke and gun magazines. It will be interesting what in on the SD cards and USB drives. Again, I am surprised they weren't checked.

I'm surprised that Homeland Security would let go of the car without searching it. Particularly relative to the coke and gun magazines. It will be interesting what in on the SD cards and USB drives. Again, I am surprised they weren't checked.

Homeland Security handled the sale. The car was seized by Border Patrol. It is not unusual to find stuff like this in vehicles where they made a big bust. They take the duffle bags full of drugs and call it a day. When I owned my gas station I had a guy come with a car that he could not put more than 8 gallons of gas in the tank. I dropped the tank and it had had a crater beat into the top of it and there were 6 bricks of coke nestled into it. My customer had bought that car at an auction. The cops found a bunch of drugs in the trunk and called it a day. They will completely disassemble a car if they suspect something and can't find it. If they find something right away, they usually go no further. The coke was nothing more than a couple of bumps.

Last edited:
Great find, I too am a bit surprised they don't remove personnal belongings before auction.

Actually, it is not uncommon. When the car is seized, it goes straight to the holding yard and whatever is in it stays in it. When I owned my gas station a guy across the street had a used car lot and he would bring cars straight from the auction to be detailed. He would tell me to keep whatever I found in there. Mostly I found clothes and luggage but sometimes I would find cool stuff like MP3 players, sunglasses found tools quite often. The cars are not even detailed before they are auctioned off.

I have gone through a few of those SD cards and all I can say is I wish I could get the gigs this guy was getting. Tons of girls in stripper wear or topless. A few total nudes thrown in. Most of the shoots are done in tittie bars some in studio and a few others done outdoors. Lots of girls posing with boats, cars and motorcycles. One card had nothing but girls in various states of undress posing with gun. Nothing second tier about this guy. He did very good work He knew lighting as evidenced by his high key and low key work. His composition is some what weird but it works and I would think that is just his artistic style. I hope that whatever he might have done would not be too serious because if it is and he is up the river for a long time it would be a terrible waste of talent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back