What's new

Great White Heron

Thiophilos

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 13, 2024
Messages
667
Reaction score
995
Location
Ottawa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Great Blue Heron white morph.

7D_00608 Great White Heron.webp


7D_00616 Great White Heron.webp
 
Wonderful shots! I see them every time I go down to the lake (5 min walk), but they see me too and take flight before I can get close enough for a decent shot.
 
Wonderful shots! I see them every time I go down to the lake (5 min walk), but they see me too and take flight before I can get close enough for a decent shot.
Thanks! Perhaps what you see are Great Egrets (yellow bills, black legs). These are a different species and rarely found other than in the Florida Keys.
 
Last edited:
Thanks! Perhaps what you see are Great Egrets (yellow bills, black legs). These are a different species and rarely found other than in the Florida Keys.
Although we do have the bird you have pictured above in the area along with several different species of Egrets, from Great White, to Lesser, to Cattle, and then several species of Herons, but it is a good possibility that it is a subspecies or something similar.
 
Beautiful shots!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom