Greatest Accomplisment?

Looking back at my short life I haven't accomplished anything. Possibly getting help for something I had a problem with, but that may turn out to be worthless.

Mine'll have to be pretty similar to yours PreludeX, first from my family to get into University... and so far pass everything... the end of this year will be the big test though...

Great question....
-Pursuing my college career, I have less than a year left now :cheer:
-Starting my photography business

I think the most important thing I have done is becoming a mother. Very cliche, but my children have taught me so much and I know that I am a better person because of them.

Funny you ask. This was a question asked at my job interview last week.

My answer. My family and raising my 12 and 18yo boys.

I think my greatest accomplishment is yet to come. As for what I've done so far. That's tough...I don't think I've done a lot. I've held down 3 jobs for a while now...but I don't know that that is an accomplishment. I think maybe the best thing I've done so far is made a difference in the lives of my Thursday night group kids. I don't know how much of difference I've made, or how many of them I've made a difference in, but I'm quite certain it's been something, and that feels pretty damn good.

So far in my life I guess my greatest accomplishment is to have a marriage that has outlasted every sinlge person who stood up in our wedding (and was married at the time or before us) and still be happy, in love, and continuing forward together. I consider it an accomplishment anyway because of the insanely high divorce rates these days, especially in this particular area where we live.

I think there are quite a few accomplishments still to come though ;)

My greatest accomplishment to date is my web site. I get 3,000 hits a day and have been able to help hundreds of people find out more information, either directly or indirectly, about relatives who served in WWII. The fact that famous people know who I am because of this site is cool. But better yet, people who I respect and admire (AIRIC being one of them) know who I am and are my friends because of the site makes it worthwhile.

I can't pick just one...there are many that stick out in my mind, and compared to others are small, but for me very important and sum up who I am as a person:

Being the captain of the soccer team in high school for 3 years was sweet. Especially considering that two of those years I was suffering from (CPH sort of like migraines but worse).

Being the first grandkid to attend college, and suceeding in it.

Having a spinal fusion at the age of 20 and still being able to finish out the semester, start the next and a year later go across the world and do mission work that would have never been possible in my mind...all with a smile on my face and no tears at all!!!

Scott WRG Editor said:
My greatest accomplishment to date is my web site. I get 3,000 hits a day and have been able to help hundreds of people find out more information, either directly or indirectly, about relatives who served in WWII. The fact that famous people know who I am because of this site is cool. But better yet, people who I respect and admire (AIRIC being one of them) know who I am and are my friends because of the site makes it worthwhile.

Thats very cool Scott, thats a true achievement!

AlisonS said:
Great question....
I think the most important thing I have done is becoming a mother. Very cliche, but my children have taught me so much and I know that I am a better person because of them.

I think raising children to the best of one's ability is the highest of all accomplishments.

For me it's just being alive and healthy after all I have put myself through.

Most reactions

Back