Green ghosting in pictures

Anonimar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm getting a weird green color in parts of my images and I have no idea what's causing it!

Here's an example taken from one of my RAW photos at 100%:

$green.JPG

ISO500
35mm
f/9.0
1/400sec

Camera:Nikon D90
Lens: 35mm f1.8 af-s

The marble has tons of that green ghosting on it, same with the edges of the person, and the edges of the lampost
I am using no filter at all and have the lens hood that came with the lens on.

Anybody know what is causing it?

it is clearly ghosts angered by that monk peeing on the wall.

i suppose it could be something camera related...
but im sticking with it being slimer.

I'm getting a weird green color in parts of my images and I have no idea what's causing it!

Here's an example taken from one of my RAW photos at 100%:

ISO500
35mm
f/9.0
1/400sec

Camera:Nikon D90
Lens: 35mm f1.8 af-s

The marble has tons of that green ghosting on it, same with the edges of the person, and the edges of the lampost
I am using no filter at all and have the lens hood that came with the lens on.

Anybody know what is causing it?

Ok, well as much as I don't want to disagree with such a great diagnosis as demonic possession.. lol.. well lets do some testing first. Do you have another lens you can try? See if the ghosting effect happens with a different lens, that will help us rule out the fact that the issue is with the lens rather than the camera and we can move on from there.

Since that sample you had is a 100% crop, I believe the issue is caused by your lens which known for Lateral CA issue.

Since that sample you had is a 100% crop, I believe the issue is caused by your lens which known for Lateral CA issue.

That would be my verdict as well. I'm still pretty distressed by that monk urinating on the wall though...that really chaps my hide! Why I oughtta...

That would be my verdict as well. I'm still pretty distressed by that monk urinating on the wall though...that really chaps my hide! Why I oughtta...

Thanks guys! That's exactly what it is, I checked Remove chromatic aberration in Lightroom and it took a good amount of it away.

As far as shooting techniques go how can I minimize chromatic aberration? Shoot at a certain f-stop?

Last edited by a moderator:
CA is definitely a problem here, but only accounts for a little bit of green (like the amount you see on the lamp post). The HUGE green blobs on the stone don't make much sense for CA, unless this lens is made out of old pop bottle bottoms or something...

Looks like legit ghosting for that part of the green, internal reflections. To address that, your best bet is a lens hood.

Most reactions

Back