Greetings! Noob from Orlando.

Wingryder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings everyone. I just wanted to make a quick introduction to all you Photoforum folks. I currently live in Orlando, FL and I have been a photography enthusiast since the days of film. My first camera was a Nikon FG. I shot a lot and read a lot back then and really enjoyed the hobby… until a divorce in 1991, I lost my camera.

In 2004, after a long hyatus, I bought a Canon D-Reb and enjoyed it for several years. I bought myself a 300mm f/4 and did a bit of wildlife/birding photography. But alas, life seemed to push me away of the hobby and never devoted as much effort as I had with my FG.

A couple of years ago, I upgraded to a Canon T3i, which is an amazing little camera! It is chocked full of features that I couldn’t have even imagined from my D-Reb days! I haven’t used it as much as I would like, and my wife’s point & shoot seems to find its way into vacation luggage more than the T3i…

Well, my wife and I recently went to Europe for a month. Shot thousands of photos, but found the results VERY disappointing. I keep kicking myself for not taking my DSLR… but we were backpacking and didn’t have room nor could spare the extra weight… BIG MISTAKE, MAKE ROOM!

I started researching via YouTube and have found a wealth of knowledge about camera’s, photography and photoshop. I am trying to jump back into the hobby with both feet. I upgraded to new lenses (content aperture), another flash, umbrella and a reflector kit.

I’m here looking for a little help and guidance for photography, photoshop and portraiture (something I have never played with much beyond family photos).

My equipment is pared down to the following:
Canon T3i
Canon 17-55mm f/2.8
Canon 70-200mm f/4
Canon 300mm f/4
Speedlite ex550
Speedlite ex600rt
Manfrotto tripod w/ ball head.

ASTRO STUFF:
12” f/5 Dobsonian Telescope
8” f/10 SCT
4” f/15 MakCas

I look forward to chatting with everyone.

IceCanAm

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Welcome to the site.

CAP

FPS GRU
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello and welcome !:blushing:

OP
Wingryder

Wingryder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks, its great to be here. I look forward to having a little knowledge and advice rub off on me.

pixmedic

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Welcome!
Seems like we are getting a lot of Florida people here lately!

OP
Wingryder

Wingryder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Welcome!
Seems like we are getting a lot of Florida people here lately!

There's a lot of people living here... and it's too hot now for photography. I don't want my lenses to melt. lol

Most reactions

New Topics