Grist Mill

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
201209230755A-X2.jpg

Comments welcome.

Is this one image? I feel like this shot is a great candidate for HDR.

I really like the colors but wish the millwheel was not so dark.

Yes. One image.
Been trying HDR, but not really happy with the results yet.
I was actually playing with the 17-55mm f/2.8 DX on my D700. 35mm is pushing it and there is considerable vignetting on an FX body.
The lower left is a tad dark, but I don't think it ruins the shot. I am looking for opinions though.
Thanks!

Good perspective. Lots of contrast here, a difficult composition to deal with.

Did you try to tone map the single image?

Fantastic work. You managed to fit all of that into one image without it feeling cluttered. I like the dark, rich tone of the wheel, especially since it is in the shade. The orange light coming through the trees is almost too much...but not. It's right there on that tipping point for me. Curious to know what settings were used for this.

This is a beautiful image. Love the exposure on the mill and the gorgeous golden light coming through the trees. My only issue with the photo is that it seems too much bisected into two separate scenes by the wall and waterfall. Maybe I'm over-thinking it. Maybe I'm just too close to my screen.

Nice work.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Pretty cool photo! I am LOVING that warm, orange-y lighting in the background, and kind of wishing that you could paint on some warmer light in the shadowed areas to sort of match that warmth. I can see a remarkable image in there, but I think it needs some very careful processing to bring this shot to its full potential: I think you're at a 78 out of 100 as-shown, but that it could be even better with more work on it, refining it.

I think you're at a 78 out of 100 as-shown, but that it could be even better with more work on it, refining it.

Geez, I thought it was at least an 80. That C+ will screw my grade average. ;)

I've gone back to this a few times already. I'm pretty certain this will not be the final version.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back