Guns Go Bang! - C&C

ryan_caldero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So thought it was about time that I show my son how to respect a firearm. Took my 12 yr old out back in the Santa Barbara Mountains and taught him the basics on handling a firearm and of course how to shoot! My son is activly involved with the Civil Air Patrol and aspires to work in Law Enforcement. Here is a few pics for your viewing pleasure. Shot with 18-200mm lens and my trusty Canon 50D. Would have shot in manual, but I was all over the place so I ended up shooting in AV mode. Quick edit in PS and LR3
ISO 320
40mm
f5.6
1/1250 sec

ISO 200
70mm
f5.6
1/640

Last edited:
oh I'm jealous of you americans. All I can have are hunting rifles.

oh I'm jealous of you americans. All I can have are hunting rifles.

LOL... Dude I live in California where we have the most silly gun laws.. I got this bad boy before they banned assault rifles in California. This is my fav AR-Quince (15 in spanish)

And I am jealous of the Canadians! They actually realized you don't need automatic assault weapons to defend yourself or put food on the table!

You do need them if you expect to steal any quantity of petroleum from overseas however...

Nice pictures! His shooting stance needs a bit of improvement though, not bad for his first time. :) I took my 5-year-old daughter out last here to shoot her 1022 Ruger. She LOVES it! I have a few AR15 in my collection as well. :blushing:

FYI, civilian AR15's are semi-auto guns but look just like the military version of the M16 full auto. You cannot go to a gun store in the US and buy a full auto gun that easy.

Last edited:
  • Total Number of Firearm Injuries: 64,389 / Rate: 21.93 / 100,000
  • Total Number of Firearm Fatalities: 29,569 / Rate: 9.94 / 100,000

And I am jealous of the Canadians! They actually realized you don't need automatic assault weapons to defend yourself or put food on the table!You do need them if you expect to steal any quantity of petroleum from overseas however...
Lol you need to read up on some stories. A guy was getting his house firebombed with molotovs. He stepped out with a pistol and shot at the ground. He got charged with illegally discharging a weapon and got 10k worth of guns taken away. The fire bombers got house arrest

And I am jealous of the Canadians! They actually realized you don't need automatic assault weapons to defend yourself or put food on the table!You do need them if you expect to steal any quantity of petroleum from overseas however...
Lol you need to read up on some stories. A guy was getting his house firebombed with molotovs. He stepped out with a pistol and shot at the ground. He got charged with illegally discharging a weapon and got 10k worth of guns taken away. The fire bombers got house arrest

This is absurd, and obviously reflects shortcomings in the legal system. However, no amount of automatic weapons would have improved the situation.

He will be able to take it to school now he knows how to use it, it's crazy that joe public can own somthing like that

Nice pictures! His shooting stance needs a bit of improvement though, not bad for his first time. :) I took my 5-year-old daughter out last here to shoot her 1022 Ruger. She LOVES it! I have a few AR15 in my collection as well. :blushing:

FYI, civilian AR15's are semi-auto guns but look just like the military version of the M16 full auto. You cannot go to a gun store in the US and buy a full auto gun that easy.

His shooting stance did improve over a series of 30 round clips. By the end of the day he was a much better shooter. I set up 5 - 5x5 inch tiles at about 80 yards and he took out 4 out of 5 with 5 rounds.

Most reactions

Back