What's new

Hand grips

Lunchbox

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
338
Reaction score
7
Location
NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for a good hand grip...I have a battery grip d200 and i am a lil nervous on some of these 6-9$ leather hand grips i see on amazon, their quality and what not.

didnt know if there was a popular one that a lot of you used and liked.
 
It is axiomatic, "You get what you pay for."

If you want to trust a $1000+ camera/lens/grip to a $9 eBay hand strap, go for it. ;)
 
I just wrap the camera strap around my hand and use that as a hand grip. I don't have a battery grip on my camera but I would assume that you still have access to the camera strap protrusions that are on the camera with a battery grip on. I find it easy to hold the camera the way the Nikon D90 is shaped (I guess all DSLRs are kind of shaped the same way).

I bought a Lowepro camera strap and it has quick release buckles on it if I want to not use the camera strap for any reason. I looked at the type of hand grip you were looking at and decided I didn't want to give up a camera strap plus I found those types of grips on a camcorder were a PITA to use usually.
 
I have one of those wrist straps ($10 on Amazon). It is an Opteka and I actually enjoy shooting with it. It does take a little getting used to and is a pain to take on and off to exchange with regular neck strap. The platform mounts to the tripod mount, so it might feel pretty bulky when used with a battery grip as well.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom