What's new

Hartwood

caledonia84

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 15, 2011
Messages
48
Reaction score
5
Location
Glasgow
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
6350724158_61ba7354ba_z.jpg
 
Nicely composed. As soon as I saw your picture, I thought Halloween. Sorry, but it just jumped right out at me. I could even image how much stronger this picture would be at sunset.
 
Nicely composed. As soon as I saw your picture, I thought Halloween. Sorry, but it just jumped right out at me. I could even image how much stronger this picture would be at sunset.
thanks again for the kind comments and critique, i can always use the help, gives me more to think about while taking photos, very much agreed that this would look good at sunset but derelict mental asylums are not the kind of place i like to be after dark alone!
Outstanding Regards :D
many thanks!
 
Nicely composed. As soon as I saw your picture, I thought Halloween. Sorry, but it just jumped right out at me. I could even image how much stronger this picture would be at sunset.
thanks again for the kind comments and critique, i can always use the help, gives me more to think about while taking photos, very much agreed that this would look good at sunset but derelict mental asylums are not the kind of place i like to be after dark alone!
Outstanding Regards :D
many thanks!

I can sense your concern. Who knows who still lurks about those deary run down asylums.:mrgreen:
 
Great capture. The composition is really nice. I wouldn't mind seeing more contrast or variance in the sky. I think it would make it even more dynamic.
 
great picture, the tree is a definite, Halloween feeling. love the the angle you took this.
 
Thanks guys wanted to get lower and more to the left so the branches sprawl over the asylum but i was foiled by a thornbush
 
I actually am not a fan of the composition of this image.

The overall balance is 1/2 vs 1/3. The tree branches encroach the building, thus it does not naturally frame the image in whole or in part.

Since there are two subjects in the image (both subjects could easily stand alone as their own image) to me it's focusing on getting both subjects to work together seamlessly. It just feels off, but an excellent spot to shoot nonetheless.
 
I agree Rotanimod, its crying out to be re-done will have to take a hedge trimmer next though to tackle the bloody thornbush
 
I think the composition is OK, but I would have moved in closer to eliminate some sky and ground and make the branches much more prominent.
 
Very interesting subject and I would like to have seen this with you positioned a little to your left as to not overlap the tree into the structure. Unless for some reason you intentionally did that.
 
Very interesting subject and I would like to have seen this with you positioned a little to your left as to not overlap the tree into the structure. Unless for some reason you intentionally did that.

Thanks Joey,
wanted to get over to the left but that was as far as I could get due to a bloody great thorn bush! will have to get back up there in the new year
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom