Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$DSC_0014.jpg$DSC_0009.jpg$DSC_0167.jpg

Attachments

• $dsc165.1.JPG
    $dsc165.1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
These are some of the very first pictures ive taken , any input would be appreciated whether it may be good or bad. Thanks everyone

Not sure about the haters thing. I think they are very nice.

haha thank you, and the haters thing i just want to catch peoples attention to see if I can get some input on these...I have a long way to go until im satisfied with my skills and I just wanted to see how I could make improvements... thanks for the positive feedback though

I hate broccoli.

I actually like the moon pictures. the next one after that seems to have something kinda blocking the full picture, which in some ways is artistic.
and the last one just seems to have a little too much contrast. But that's my taste. 1 thing I've learned alot when it comes to critiquing, is that 1 person will tell you the picture is way to bright and then the next person will say its just perfect. Its more of what you think less than what does a couple people think. But, i would keep what they say in mind. The more critique the more knowledge you will have.

-Wes

When shooting the moon you need to expose just like shooting something in daylight. It's just too small of a spot in the frame for any auto exposure mode to get it right. It's lit by the sun, so the exposure needs to be done as a daylight shot. Look up the sunny 16 rule to get more info.

Not much to draw on with the moon shots

Thank you for the input, you have no idea how long I spent outside adjusting the camera back and forth hundreds of times just trying to bring the brightness of the moon down but yet capture the clouds lol im definitely new at this but i put in the time and effort to capture a picture I thought was worth keeping...and to have some positive reply is very motivating. thanks again

I'm about as unsure on critiquing other photographers as I am on my own stuff. Of the four you posted however I really am drawn to the first of the wasp(?) shots. It feels like you are peaking into to a world that normally goes unnoticed or is hidden. People have visceral reactions to things that fly and sting and they don't realize how interesting that look when they are at rest. Nice capture on that moment.

When shooting the moon you need to expose just like shooting something in daylight. It's just too small of a spot in the frame for any auto exposure mode to get it right. It's lit by the sun, so the exposure needs to be done as a daylight shot. Look up the sunny 16 rule to get more info.

Thanks, ill do that, I had a really hard time just trying to get a descent picture out of the moon and yes the exposure meter on my camera is still new to me...thanks for the input

I hate people that use the insipid and stupid term, "Haters" that is so commonly used by losers and slackers! I will just add you to my ignore list now... so I don't have to do it later....

I'm about as unsure on critiquing other photographers as I am on my own stuff. Of the four you posted however I really am drawn to the first of the wasp(?) shots. It feels like you are peaking into to a world that normally goes unnoticed or is hidden. People have visceral reactions to things that fly and sting and they don't realize how interesting that look when they are at rest. Nice capture on that moment.

HOLY CRAP I definitely agree with you !!! when i was taking the pictures there were two wasps that I could swear were communicating and the way I captured one of the pictures made it look as if the smaller wasp was cowering down to the much bigger wasp. . . definitely didn't realize how captivated I would be by these tiny creatures when I started taking the photos.

I hate people that use the insipid and stupid term, "Haters" that is so commonly used by losers and slackers! I will just add you to my ignore list now... so I don't have to do it later....
Hate surely is a strong term to use on someone you don't even know..... I guess I should have known better I did think twice about the title...hmmm does anyone know how to change thread titles?

Most reactions

Back