• Total voters

slackercruster

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have you donated to Ken Rockwell?

Last edited:
I thought it was kind of considered a rite of passage in the photography world.

Everyone has to do it at least once

Hell no... anyone that begs for money, basically get ignored! Only good thing I ever got off his site, was what he said about the Tokina 100 macro. THAT he was right about! The rest... whatever! :)

I would have voted in your little poll, but you didn't have " ARE YOU F#€?!&? CRAZY? H£!! NO!!!"

Who's Ken Rockwell?

Unlike Rockwell, I offer good advice and sound opinions. Plus I don't believe in aliens.

Donate_Button.png

Now someone will have to start another poll.

Unlike Rockwell, I offer good advice and sound opinions. Plus I don't believe in aliens.

Donate_Button.png

I tried to click on it... have a spare $100 I was going to donate... but it didn't go anywhere! Too late now, I spent it on something useful instead! ( kitty litter!) ;) lol!

Hell no... anyone that begs for money, basically get ignored! Only good thing I ever got off his site, was what he said about the Tokina 100 macro. THAT he was right about! The rest... whatever! :)

I still have not heard what is so bad about his website. I have read many reviews and obtained greater understanding of certain items. I haven't sent money yet, but I was thinking that since he has saved me money, I could share some with him.

He is very biased! He has some good reviews / articles... but some seem to be made up on the spot. He even indicates in his "about" (or somewhere) that it is not totally factual. His photography is sub-par, and yet he tries to come off as an expert on everything... and I hate the PLEASE DONATE TO MY STARVING CHILDREN BS! He is very good at marketing is website.. which is full of not so great or accurate content.

There should be a list of guidelines for Noobs:

#1 Don't forget to remove the Lens Cap!
#2 Flash and Reflectors are a good idea!
#3 Don't believe everything Ken Rockwell says!
#4 Don't shoot wide open all the time for "Good Bokeh"!

etc...

cgipson1 said:
I tried to click on it... have a spare $100 I was going to donate... but it didn't go anywhere! Too late now, I spent it on something useful instead! ( kitty litter!) ;) lol!

How many cats do you have that you need to buy 100 bucks in cat litter for? Haha

He is very biased! He has some good reviews / articles... but some seem to be made up on the spot. He even indicates in his "about" (or somewhere) that it is not totally factual. His photography is sub-par, and yet he tries to come off as an expert on everything... and I hate the PLEASE DONATE TO MY STARVING CHILDREN BS! He is very good at marketing is website.. which is full of not so great or accurate content.

There should be a list of guidelines for Noobs:

#1 Don't forget to remove the Lens Cap!
#2 Flash and Reflectors are a good idea!
#3 Don't believe everything Ken Rockwell says!
#4 Don't shoot wide open all the time for "Good Bokeh"!

etc...

I think his photography is OK. He is not a genius tog, so what. Genius togs don't do gear review sites. None of us are genius togs either.

Reviews of his site should be limited to what he is known for...reviews and opinions. Now, with opinions he has some fans and some haters. And yes, he has that 'know it all' reputation.

I'm not sure what you mean about made up on the spot? Which reviews are those?

Have you found many of his reviews to be way off base? He seems to be on target from my limited knowledge about items I've looked up on his site. And he saved me some $$ as well.

Generally, I like Photozone, but also like Rockwell reviews if PZ is lacking.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back