What's new

Hay Bails HDR

JSB

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
Rotherham, England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C Welcome :)

Hay.jpg
 
Great use of HDR. Subtle but it does the job. Exactly how it should be used. Love the composition and the light.
 
What exactly is HDR? It's a really cool shot though. I like how the shadow of the front hay bale seems to underline the second
 
Yes its cool. But I think it would have looked more dramatic had the lighting and shadows been kept.
 
i think hdr in such cases is unnecessary. the shot could be as good as this one also without the hdr process. the warm light, the blue sky, the very nice composition.
:thumbup:
 
Very very nicely done. Very subtle. If you didn't know what a camera would normally do in such situations you probably woudln't catch that it had to be an HDR.

I would be interested to see the shot without HDR. I suspect both would be nice.

On the photo itself...

Is the horizon slanted?

Also, where the sky is somewhat dull I wonder if more field and less sky would have been better?

Still, very pleasing.


What exactly is HDR? It's a really cool shot though. I like how the shadow of the front hay bale seems to underline the second

Read this: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/hdr-discussions/176231-hdr-not-hdr-guide.html
 
There were plenty ofhills in the back, so the effect of slant was a problem. But I especially liked the composition of the bails and the shadows at this location.
 
Yes its cool. But I think it would have looked more dramatic had the lighting and shadows been kept.
I would be interested to see the shot without HDR. I suspect both would be nice.
These comments summarize my thoughts about this one. As someone who lives in an area full of scenes like this, gotta give you a big thumbs up. Lovely capture.
 
The HDR treatment is subtle in the image (as are all my HDR's compared to some other peoples).

I've jut dragged and edited the nutural exposure from lightroom and tweaked a little in CS4 the same way I did the HDR, they both have their good qualities, but I love the HDR version of this insteasd.

BailsnoHDR.jpg
 
Very subtle HDR, I wouldn't have realized that it is a HDR if you haven't mentioned. It is great!
 
^^^ I assume that's the original one. Have you tried bringing out the warming glow of the early morning sun in that one? It doesn't have the same color as the first. (obviously it won't ever be the same, but I think your rich warm sunlight was a key part of the image, so comparing them without that would be... evil)
 
I like it as is, only thing is, it looks just like my back yard!!
J.:mrgreen:
 
It was difficult to get that same warming glow in the non HDR, but I really didnt spend more that 5 minutes on it. HDR is the way to go with this kind of light me thinks :)
 
It appears there's a bit too much saturation. but i like the shot otherwise, very nice!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom