What's new

HDR Fun Berkeley

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
1,554
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
5478525198_afd0e60221_z.jpg



5472572239_fdbe577e61_z.jpg



5473161384_94c6198234_z.jpg
 
The shot of the BART tracks is pretty cool.
 
ya a lot of haloing going on in these...2nd and 3rd one especially
 
These are way overprocessed.

well thats what you call HDR.

No, thats what YOU call HDR, I call it over-processed:lol:. Also, I don't like the compositions of these. The newer houses, and vehicles in the backgrounds sort of ruin them. Try some different angles and if not possible try to shoot tighter. A lot of times people get wrapped up in the surreal HDR effect and the actual photo ( subject and composition ) takes a backseat to that. It becomes more of a "Hey what would make the HDR look the craziest" as opposed to "Hey, how can I end up with a really good image" ? The basketball court shot would have been cooler if it was tighter on the hoop and backboard with the sky but less of the schoolyard,suburbia distractions behind. Thats just my opinion though.
 
You've done a wonderful job in creating interesting compositions, from fairly common scenes. I do thing the HDR is overly done on image 2 and 3 as they look unnatural with halos around some objects. Again however you're eye is strong.
 
Composition? How does composition matter? This is HDR man! It's liquid cool! Pour it over your photos and *SPARKLY NOISES* voila!
 
You chose a good day from the cloud cover to shoot HDR, but they just aren't saying much with the subjects/locations you chose. Also, the horizon lines need to be corrected in the first two.
 
I really like the images, if not for their undesirable tilts; yes in the last image clouds looks too much "arranged"

I have removed the tilt; hope you won't mind ;) Just for a comparison

5531038827_a32b0a4086_z.jpg


5531039167_97dc150d85_z.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom