HDR Image of Huia Bridge, NZ

I don't know about HDR. I am not knocking your image. It looks like a nice photo, just wonder what it looks like non-HDR.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't know about HDR. I am not knocking your image. It looks like a nice photo, just wonder what it looks like non-HDR.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It looked pretty cool non HDR, I was just playing with Photomatix for the first time :)

I think your image is a very good example of what Photomatix can do. Keep experimenting!

Here is a wee experiment for you to try:
Get any 3 pics and give them photomatix extreme treatment (multiple Tone Mapping, extreme saturation, massive over sharpening etc) and put them on your phone along with the untouched pics and show all 6 of them to anybody except a photographer. The "civilians" will generally have a lot of love for the processed pics, especially the under 20's. Show them to photographers over a certain age and you might induce symptoms similar to PTSD.

In my experience a touch of HDR / Tone Mapping goes a long way on regular photographs. The best one to process more are the ones that dont have blown out areas, watch out for clouds, and are tack sharp to begin with.

My first expression seeing this image was WOW... and i was expecting much appreciation while i scroll down.... but alas.....
I used to enjoying sunset before i started photography, but once i started photography, i lost the ability to enjoy it... either i will find myself engrossed in the activity of capturing it in various angles and at different zoom levels or i will find myself disappointed for not having brought my camera... in either situation i don't enjoy the reality.

When you have deeper knowledge in photography , the very instant you see an image, your mind will dissect it and find its shortcomings; only when the image satisfies all the conditions of being perfect, then such a person can enjoy an image.
In a forum like this people are at different levels of learning and so it is quite natural an image that is lovely to someone, is problematic to another.....
As of now, my present level of learning and aesthetics give me sufficient freedom of mind to like this image very much :)

Last edited:
This image is to photography what a comic book is to Moby Dick.

lol, are you bored mate?
Just looked at this again and I immediately thought BW. I darkened it a bit and went for full right hand slider action on Photomatix.
done1.jpg

Nope, I just don't like grungy HDR..

Maybe come up with some creative criticism instead of lame comments throwing a tantrum like a child because you got a little emotional in my last thread ;) we all got to grow up one day. It's one thing to dislike and image its another just being a knob ha-ha but hey we all have bad days huh! Hope yours gets better

I didn't get emotional...I just couldn't get you to understand simple English, all accents aside.

I didn't get emotional...I just couldn't get you to understand simple English, all accents aside.

Your still going!? Mate give it a bone. Stick to the birds you seem to be reasonably good at that ;)

Most reactions

Back