Headshot

Nocojoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nocojoe.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this picture for a local actress who needed some updated headshots. I took this outdoors and blended natural light with a bit of a strobe. I hope you like it.

denver-headshots
MG_0336.jpg

Denver Headshots

Last edited:
looks pretty good. I would probably do a bit of skin smoothing and tighten the crop up (bottom and left) The way her chest is blending into her shoulder makes her look wide.

Joe
There is so much competition in anything today, including acting.
This is just another photo of another actress, I can hardly see one who reviews this to spend more than a glancing look at it.
It is washed out and does not do the actress justice.

Plan the shoot:
How does she want to be perceived as? Then shoot for that look.

Personally I prefer it is she was a little more upright, was she sitting down and leaning back at all?

I'd prefer a little more flash, honestly.

@implantimages - I appreciate your opinion, but this was an actor's headshot, so we were trying to get some of her personality in the shot.

@GotaLuvThosPens - skin smoothing in actor's headshots? What will she say when she walks in the door for the casting call and the director expected clear skin from the picture then they see her pores?

@pbelarge - washed out? how so?

@nchips1 - flash where? I think more flash would get ride of the natural feeling I tried hard to establish. I didn't want this to masquerade as a studio shot. :)

Instead of getting her personality in the shot, it looks like her bustline got in the way...
her body posture seems very unusual, or she has like 50 DD boobs...not sure I really like this shot...the laugh lines on her face look dark, and her earrings appear to be swinging with the shutter dragging at 1/8 or something slow like that, and her expression looks kind of dismissive...she looks like a waitress having a really bad, bad shift, instead of an actress I'd want to hire...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back