Hellbanning all the Trolls

Stradawhovious

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hellbanning. This is the act of making an internet troll's posts completely invisible to everyone but themselves. Honestly, I find it to be hilarious... and most likely very effective.

I didn't even know this was a thing. That siad I can think of one EXTREMELY viable application for this tool, right now, here, on this interwebz forum...

Just sayin'.

Suspension, Ban or Hellban?

Braineack

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I used to put people on global ignore on a site I admin. It's very entertaining when people stop responding to them.

the "miserable" feature is fun too. They aren't banned but it makes it very hard to connect and the server always times-out for them and images don't always load. They basically think the forum is broken.

OP
Stradawhovious

Stradawhovious

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I used to put people on global ignore on a site I admin. It's very entertaining when people stop responding to them.

the "miserable" feature is fun too. They aren't banned but it makes it very hard to connect and the server always times-out for them and images don't always load. They basically think the forum is broken.

They refer to that as "slowbanning" in the link I posted. They also have "errorbanning" which I would find to be equally entertaining if I was a fly on the wall in said troll's Mom's basement.

weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Man, I have frequent discussion with my gaming buddies about a similar method after hearing about a game (starcraft possibly?) that funnelled cheats quietly off to seperate servers to play amongst themselves and seperate them from the rest of the community. I thought it was a great idea

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Man, I have frequent discussion with my gaming buddies about a similar method after hearing about a game (starcraft possibly?) that funnelled cheats quietly off to seperate servers to play amongst themselves and seperate them from the rest of the community. I thought it was a great idea

The PhotoForum - Troll Edition...

I like it..

rexbobcat

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

They do the same thing with Grand Theft Auto Online.

unpopular

Reaction score
Personally, I don't like the idea much.

Watchful

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lol that's hilarious.
I may start that on my site. :)

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
So does that explain why this site runs really slow, pics wont load and I am ignored by everyone??????

robbins.photo

Yup, It's The Zoo Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
So does that explain why this site runs really slow, pics wont load and I am ignored by everyone??????
Hey speaking of which does anybody know whatever happened to 407370?

He used to post here all the time and then just sort of disappeared. It's weird. Haven't seen a post from that guy in forever.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Most reactions