Hello All

ticktock01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the Photo Forum. I hope I am posting this in the right place.
Photography is a hobby of mine.

I would greatly appreciate honest constructive comments on these photos that I took recently.

MonetBridgeDigNeg.jpg

Self-Portrait.jpg

DSCN1061_60_58_57_56_tonemapped.jpg

AutumnsDispleasure.jpg

PinkWaterlily3forWC.jpg

Heya Terry, welcome to ThePhotoForum :D

This is a varied selection of photos you chose to present us first, and yes, the General Gallery is the right place for you to show them :D.

The first is a lovely scene, but I think the horizon is slightly crooked by 1.5 degrees to the left. A rotation by those degrees clockwise should remedy that tiny flaw.
Then I wonder about the first if you went for the colours to be "as natural as possible", and that maybe they WERE this pale at the time of day, but something inside ME would wish for there to be some slightly more saturated colours. But that's just me.

The second is interesting and makes me wonder. Are you actually painting a self-portrait of yours and is this a photo of it, or is it ALL done in PS and the self actually is a photo???

That Renoir-scene ... :scratch:??? Three-dimensional??? :scratch: ??? How??? (Very interesting!)

The selectively coloured autumn leaf is a classic.

And something went wrong with the leaves in the background of the last photo here ... too much PS-blurring, could that be it. Something weird going on... and a waterlily is a classic, too.

Nice to have you here.
Show us more :D!

The first is a lovely scene, but I think the horizon is slightly crooked by 1.5 degrees to the left. A rotation by those degrees clockwise should remedy that tiny flaw.
Then I wonder about the first if you went for the colours to be "as natural as possible", and that maybe they WERE this pale at the time of day, but something inside ME would wish for there to be some slightly more saturated colours. But that's just me.

The second is interesting and makes me wonder. Are you actually painting a self-portrait of yours and is this a photo of it, or is it ALL done in PS and the self actually is a photo???

That Renoir-scene ... :scratch:??? Three-dimensional??? :scratch: ??? How??? (Very interesting!)

The selectively coloured autumn leaf is a classic.

And something went wrong with the leaves in the background of the last photo here ... too much PS-blurring, could that be it. Something weird going on... and a waterlily is a classic, too.

Nice to have you here.
Show us more :D!

Thanks for your comments.

1. I never noticed that the horizon was a little slanted in the Monet Bridge shot. That is an easy fix in PS and I will get right to it. As far as the saturation is concerned. I have another version that I think was over-saturated. I toned down the saturation and I guess I went a bit too far.

2. The second shot (Self-Portrait) is a manipulation obviously. I took a photo of myself and added a layer and mask then ran a couple of artistic filters over it to make it look like an oil painting. Then I erased portions of it with a couple of different natural brushes to achieve the partially painted look. Copied and pasted the whole thing onto a new page and added the easel and hand with paint brush. Then put a drop shadow on the painting portion to make it look like a canvas.

3. The Renoir scene from Luncheon of The Boating Party is actually an HDR photo of a sculpture done by J. Seward Johnson. He did a sculpture of the painting. So it is three-dimensional.

4. The Water-Lily photo does have too much PS blurring. I overdid it. I will go back to the original and try again.

I guess I should have put some of these into one of the more specialized threads. I am a little disappointed that I didn't get more C&C

Most reactions

Back