hello...and goodbye?

rawimageraw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi everyone - it's great to be part of your community!I recently took up film photography so I don't know much about it - other than the basics of shooting and some darkroom techniques. I've got a Nikon SLR - which I enjoy using A LOT! :) - and a small pocket digital camera for snaps. In a couple of weeks I'll be moving to Khartoum, Sudan (for a year), and have been trying to find out if there are shops there where I can have my films developed, to no avail. Unfortunately my contacts there are all into digital photography, and do not know. I've just had a quick look at the forum and don't really know where to post this question - please tell me where it belongs to so I can start a proper thread re: what to do with my films once I'm in Khartoum...or shall I just say goodbye to film photography till I'm back in Europe?Thank you in advance :)

You can probably send the film out via mail to be processed and printed. In most cases, they will be happy to send you fresh film by return mail as well.

why not make a darkroom and process it at home I understand it is a lot of work but you have all the control

Both great ideas though (most likely) logistically + cost-wise rather complicated, I presume: it might take ages to dig out darkroom equipment leftovers in Khartoum (if there's any in the first place), importing it would cost a fortune, as it would fedexing films in & out the country. That's why I need to know if there's someone who has a dark-room/photography shop locally and can do it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back