Hello from Italy!

max

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everybody.:D
Brand new one in this forum. I'm writing from Italy and take the occasion to ask if someone could give some information about buying the Canon Digital Rebel XT (EOS 350D in Europe) in the US.
I have a friend working next to Charlestone (South Carolina) and about to come back to Italy for a couple of weeks; it is my intention to ask him to take back with him the beatiful Digital Rebel XT.
I have a few questions, hoping to have chosen the correct session of the forum to post:

- can you tell me which is the best price for the Digital Rebel XT and where to buy on-line?
- is it true that you have differente taxes from state-to-state? meaning that if I buy on line the camera in New Jersey, then I'll have to pay taxes as the camera enters the South Carolina? Do you Know how much is it for the taxes on electronic items as the camera enters South Carolina?

Thanks in advance for any possible help. :hail:

Max

Hey Max, welcome to the forum, i just got myself the digital rebel xt, though i'm no where close to europe or the US, so any ques bout the camera.. shoot :)
cya round

Thanks for the "welcome", guys.
I'll try and have a lokk around in the forum or see the suggested links.
Waiting for more answers or suggestion.

Thanks!
Max

yay!!! hooorayyy!!! Finally I got a latino guy here :):):):):):) ::lovey:: :p
welcome aboard :)
sorry I cannot help you with XT :( but... welcome here :)

mentos_007 said:
yay!!! hooorayyy!!! Finally I got a latino guy here :):):):):):) ::lovey:: :p
welcome aboard :)
sorry I cannot help you with XT :( but... welcome here :)

Wow ... that's an international forum ...! From Ponland.
Thanks my darlin'! :hug::

Max

max said:
- is it true that you have differente taxes from state-to-state? meaning that if I buy on line the camera in New Jersey, then I'll have to pay taxes as the camera enters the South Carolina? Do you Know how much is it for the taxes on electronic items as the camera enters South Carolina?

Benvenuto Max,

In regards to the above question: Whenever you buy on line something from a different state in the US you don't have to pay local taxes. Only if you are in a state and you buy on line from the same state. At thatpoint State Tax kicks in.

So, to summarize, if you want to buy on line from New Jersey and you are from New Jersey, there is State Tax (around 8-10%); if you buy on line from New Jersey while being in South Carolina there is no State Tax, no matter what.

I hope it makes sense...

Ciao!

Mitica100 said:
Benvenuto Max,

In regards to the above question: Whenever you buy on line something from a different state in the US you don't have to pay local taxes. Only if you are in a state and you buy on line from the same state. At thatpoint State Tax kicks in.

So, to summarize, if you want to buy on line from New Jersey and you are from New Jersey, there is State Tax (around 8-10%); if you buy on line from New Jersey while being in South Carolina there is no State Tax, no matter what.

I hope it makes sense...

Ciao!

Thanks Mitica100! It makes a lot of sense ...
Everything sorted out now; I think I'll carru on with my purchase.

Ciao!
Max

Max, a great place to do buy online is B & H Photo or Adorama or from Freestyle Photo supplies...i think links are at the bottom and top of this page. The prices are not always the best but the service is superior to most. BE VERY WEARY OF EBAY SELLERS, you never know what you may get. Good Luck with yer new Canon and please post some photos taken with your new camera as soon as possible!. BTW WELCOME TO TPF!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back