Hello from Jupiter, Florida

jwmcvey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

I'm a new member from Jupiter Florida. I now have time to get back into something I have had a great passion for many years. I have using my cameras for family and vacations for so long I'm not sure what I remember from the classes I took whe in college. I also "lost" my main camera, Sony DSC-H9 super zoom, to someone that must have needed more than me. I also have a JVC video cam I play with, my wife got it for me for my bday one year. So the first thing I need to do is replace my camera. My first thought was to find a Sony H9 to replace the old one. I have a few accessories for the old one and thought I could continue to use them. However the technology has moved forward so much since I got that one now I'm thinking I should get new. I really love photographing nature. I camp and try to spend time outdoors so I want something for that. I also enjoy taking action shots. I had gotten to the point with the Sony that I could use the camera for those pictures fairly well. I would appreciate any comments about a mid priced camera that would enable to pickup here but also allow for other areas to be opened to me also. Thanks in advance and I do look forward to picking your brains about this wonderful art of photography.

Jim

Hey Jim and welcome from another Jim.
I have to admit that Photography is something I was always interested in but as I mention in my intro, I got into after getting a Canon 7D for video. Love the camera but lack the knowledge to use it properly.

Look forward to seeing you around mate.
Cheers
Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome. At least one person welcomed me. Nice to meet you. I'll watch for you on other discussions. I'm tring to get some advice on replacing my camera so I'm going to jump to another page. Hope to talk to you again.

Jim

Most reactions

Back