HELP! B-day gift!

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
for my very special friend, some details below:

man, 30th birthday, photographer, academic teacher, likes things that can survive a long time, very very very vlose friend of mine....

any ideas?!?!? I have still one month to come up with something great!

what would you buy/do?

for my very special friend, some details below:

man, 30th birthday, photographer, academic teacher, likes things that can survive a long time, very very very vlose friend of mine....

any ideas?!?!? I have still one month to come up with something great!

what would you buy/do?

A turtle pet? ;)

What are his interests?
A piece of 'antique' equipment from his area of expertise is always a good thing. You know - like buying an old camera or light meter for a photographer.
After shave is always good. So is a good bottle of whisky.
My favourite present that I got when I hit 50 was a mechanical toy. Most men are just big kids at heart.
Or even a romantic ride in a hot air baloon.
Or just take him for dinner.
If he is any kind of normal man just being with you should be more than enough ;)

"very, very, very close friend"? Why Alex, you naughty girl :mrgreen:
Good luck with the relationship. He's a very lucky boy.

i agree with the whisky idea, although i wouldn't be able to keep that for a very long time

What are his interests?
A piece of 'antique' equipment from his area of expertise is always a good thing. You know - like buying an old camera or light meter for a photographer.
After shave is always good. So is a good bottle of whisky.
My favourite present that I got when I hit 50 was a mechanical toy. Most men are just big kids at heart.
Or even a romantic ride in a hot air baloon.
Or just take him for dinner.
If he is any kind of normal man just being with you should be more than enough ;)

"very, very, very close friend"? Why Alex, you naughty girl :mrgreen:
Good luck with the relationship. He's a very lucky boy.

niah niah niah :D yeah, he is a kind of a guy who hates when I spend money on him...to buy him something... firstly I thought I'd bake him a cake :) he loves sweets and prefers things "hand made" rather than those bought...but then I thought of buying him a...kite :p yep... when we were by the seaside he kept on watching two blokes (more less his age) who were playing with a kite.... he wanted the same toy, but we were in hurry coming back and we forgot... :p

A turtle pet? ;)

well...once he had a dog...for 16 years...when the doggy died it was a terrible day for the whole family and he's not willing to have any pet in a near future...

i agree with the whisky idea, although i wouldn't be able to keep that for a very long time

he's not a kind of drinking guy... :p really... :D he likes to drink a beer in a pub, or guiness in Irish pub, but not much :D and I am really hapy because of it!

Now that I read your original post more closely, an old camera might be in order. Just make sure you get something that's a collectible and in good shape. A Minox B perhaps? Just an idea...

but then I thought of buying him a...kite :p yep... when we were by the seaside he kept on watching two blokes (more less his age) who were playing with a kite.... he wanted the same toy, but we were in hurry coming back and we forgot... :p

Then you already know what to get him.
Just get him a good one.
This company make some of the best - both traditional and modern. I've got several of theirs and I love them.
http://www.brookite.com/

Add my voice to the chorus of 'go with the kite'. And maybe you can combine it with a romantic picnic.

Most reactions

Back