Help! Can't delete folders or files on WD My Book HD

annamaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone I need some help. Doing some house cleaning on my WD My Book HD, but keep getting a message that the drive does not have enough space to delete the file or folders. Looked online for answers and can't find the info I need. Btw it's just filled with photos.

You're not doing something silly like selecting a folder than hitting command D are you, and expecting it to Delete the folder or images, are you? Because select>command D actually duplicates, and if the drive is already full, well...

Not sure how the drive is communicating with the computer. Is there a Trash folder on the drive? (Is it networked?)

A bit more information might help.

What about the drive's permissions. Do you have both read AND write permissions?

You're not doing something silly like selecting a folder than hitting command D are you, and expecting it to Delete the folder or images, are you? Because select>command D actually duplicates, and if the drive is already full, well...

Not sure how the drive is communicating with the computer. Is there a Trash folder on the drive? (Is it networked?)

A bit more information might help.

What about the drive's permissions. Do you have both read AND write permissions?

Guess what I figured it out. I did not read the message carefully, it says to select delete tab the second time to delete then it worked. I feel so silly [emoji12] it will not delete the first try, only when selecting delete again does it delete. Thanks Derrel for taking the time to read this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back