Help I think my new Canon t2i is messed up!

Austinkicksass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I purchased my Canon to get started learning how to take pictures and make some short movies (45 min max) while studying in London in the Spring.

I researched and decided to go with the Canon cause of the 1080p recording and the reviews. I had the chance to charge the battery and mess around with it last night but am very unhappy with the quality. I didnt change any of the factory settings and took about 10 pictures and 2 30 sec movies but they were all hazy, pix-elated and unfocused. I am using the lens that came in the kit(18-55 is) and have no plans to upgrade any time soon.

I purchased a nikon S8100 back in October when they first came out and the quality on that thing is amazing. The nikon shoots great pictures and records in 1080p but decided that I wanted even better so am I doing something wrong with the Canon or should I send the camera back and ask for a new one.

Thanks Everyone!

examples with EXIF data intact will help us....

p!nK

Just upload the pictures and post them lol. EXIF is the data on each picture that shows what settings were being used.

Post examples, hard to tell what your problem is.

IMG_0013.jpg

Ok so the quality on my computer is way better then the screen of the camera. Is the LCD on the Camera junk?

The EXIF is all fine. Its just out of focus. Is your Lens on AF or MF? (auto focus or manual focus)

Oh, if there is a plastic covering on the LCD that the manufacturer put on it for protection, take it off? See if that makes a difference.

Go back to the Nikon point and shoot. It was obviously a much better camera.

Your 2nd photo:
Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/15 second ===> 0.06667 second

That's a slow shutter speed and the blur is probably from motion of the camera during that time.

Your camera is not broken, you just haven't read the manual (obviously). You need to learn how to focus it...

Blame the person taking the picture. Not the camera. ;)

The shutter speed it too slow causing blur from camera shake. Read the manual, read a book, search the internet to start learning about the basics of photography.

Most reactions

Back