Help Me Choose a Flash For My Sony

sjvv

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new flash for my Sony Alpha 100. My current one takes about 30 seconds to recycle and is even slower than that after 10 pics and the batterys are dead after about 45 min. So what would you choose......1) if money wasn't an option 2) the most bang for your buck 3) cheapest that still gives you quality!

I am looking to buy a new flash for my Sony Alpha 100. My current one takes about 30 seconds to recycle and is even slower than that after 10 pics and the batterys are dead after about 45 min. So what would you choose......1) if money wasn't an option
Sony HVL-F58AM Digital Camera Flash for Sony Alpha Series - $499.99
2) the most bang for your buck
Sony HVL-F42AM Digital Camera Flash for Sony Alpha Digital - $299.99
3) cheapest that still gives you quality!

SONY DSLRs use a proprietary hot shoe so your choices are very, very limited.

I am looking to buy a new flash for my Sony Alpha 100. My current one takes about 30 seconds to recycle and is even slower than that after 10 pics and the batterys are dead after about 45 min. So what would you choose......1) if money wasn't an option
Sony HVL-F58AM Digital Camera Flash for Sony Alpha Series - $499.99
2) the most bang for your buck
3) cheapest that still gives you quality!

SONY DSLRs use a proprietary hot shoe so your choices are very, very limited.

Whilst I love both of my Sony's, this is the one thing that bothers me.

Someone mentioned looking into Minolta flashes on Ebay or Craigslist for flashes as they might be compatible. I wonder if there's any credence to this?

There are alot of off-brand flashes on ebay that will fit on Sony Alphas and Minolta cameras but I am not sure how good the quality is on these. They start at about $80 and go up. I am still trying to figure out what flash to buy for my Sony A100. The Sony brand ones are so expensive to me.

Most reactions

Back