Help me choose my final Sony camera.

Are you shooting raw? What I don't like about my a7r (II but it's the same with I) is that you can't select smaller resolution than the max. And that creates pretty large files.

What you can do, is switching the camera to APS-C mode. That will create smaller files, but of course the field of view changes so you need a wider lens than you would need normally. Ideal of course would be an M or S setting for those who need it (I don't). Perhaps they will add it later in a firmware update.

I use the APS-C mode on A7RII for videos only however, the video quality is better then.

And I think the A7RII is a fantastic camera. Great photo and video quality in a relatively small body.
Hi - thank you for your input. I do that occasionally, but I do like the more shallow depth of the fullframe. For wideangle: I try to keep my bag as small as possible and taking another lens with me to be able to use the smaller file size os not really an option. Anyway - you are right of course ;).

Is the reason because I bought the A7II instead A7RII... and the price ! I put the money in optics.

Who have need 42 mpx ??? Surely not the majority.

I bought a Sony A6000 2 yrs ago for the same reasons you have expressed. IQ is on par with my Nikon D7000, very light and small, does the job.

Is the reason because I bought the A7II instead A7RII... and the price ! I put the money in optics.

Who have need 42 mpx ??? Surely not the majority.

42 MP are great if you want to crop.
With telephoto lenses you can effectively increase the focal length (kind of), without changing the lens.
You can also create panoramas from a single file, by cropping out the top and the bottom of the frame, and such panoramas are printable in reasonable sizes.

Besides, high resolution is not the only great feature on the A7RII, but yes, not all people need to buy it in order to enjoy photography. There are many other useful cameras. The A7RII is perhaps just the most versatile one.

Most reactions

Back