help me make a decision...

alisoninpitt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
insidexout.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i'm purchasing my first digital SLR. i have 2 film SLRs, both canons (an old A1 and rebel X from 2001 or so). i'm looking at the canon xsi or the nikon d5000. i like the nikon because it has video capabilities as well. from what i've read, the canon doesn't.

has anyone else compared these two? which do you suggest?

Nikon D5000, hands down, no doubt about it.

;)

I'll see that, and raise you an SB 600 flash to go with the Nikon D5000.

This type of question comes up here about twice weekly. If the Nikon has the video capabilities you want and the XSi does not have any video capabilities, then it seems like the choice between these two bodies is pretty clear. The D5000 has been specifically designed for beginning d-slr owners. The SB 6000 flash and the Nikon's color-aware light metering and flash metering are designed to help early stage d-slr users get good exposures with daylight or flash or mixed daylight + flash exposure situations. The video feature is something many people want to have in their d-slr.

true story. i pretty much settled on the nikon right after i hit "post thread". it's in my price range and has everything i want so.... sold!

true story. i pretty much settled on the nikon right after i hit "post thread". it's in my price range and has everything i want so.... sold!

Which lenses did you buy with it? (I'm new to DSLR and looking at lenses now...)

Good choice, you'll be quite pleased with your new shooter. Congrats!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back