Help with a challenging wedding....

Reaction score
I will be photographing a wedding in a couple weeks, and I really want your advice and guidance. I am very excited, because the couple seems very open to ideas....

I love candid photography at weddings, which limits my ability to set up lighting etc. However, the bride is african american, and the groom is very light skinned. What challenges do you think will arise, and how will I be able to jump over these hurdles, as I imagine lighting will be a huge concern. Your help is appreciated!!!! THANKS in advance!

I never shot a wedding but... sounds like you are over thinking the deal. If any problems do arise place the bride in the light and the groom in the shadows.

Love & Bass

One thing I always do is bracketing. Just try to get three pictures at slightly different exposures so that you can choose which exposure fits with subjects in view. Also, you could set your aperture and shutter speed by focusing on the faces so they are at the right quality, then back up and shoot (this would be easier in manual mode). Make sure on the last one that their faces when changing your settings cover most of your frame, then zoom out or back up.

However, as long as you get any decent picture you can always take it into photoshop and fix it there. Also shooting in raw will help a bit with post editing.

AAHHH!!! No pictures in this thread?? For future reference you might want to post this in the General Shop Talk portion of the forum......

Just expose right and you should be fine. Shoot in RAW and you'll be able to fix just about any lighting mistakes you make.

Most reactions

Back