What's new

help with calibration

michaelleggero

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Location
Carthage, NY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok, i have 3 images here all are different monitor calibration settings. which does everyone think is the best? please try not to be influenced by the other votes.

after everyone votes i'll post which product i used to do the calibration

thanks

Mike Leggero

http://www.michaelleggero.com

1078481364_rGjf9-XL.jpg


1078481380_AtCum-XL.jpg


1078481378_6kAEb-XL.jpg
 
I think pic 3 is probably technically more correct but I prefer the vibrancy of pic 2.
 
ok, the results are in, i did this survey on several different forums on the internet and the majority like #3 the best

i am using a 27" imac from fall of 2009
image 1 is the normal imac color profile that comes from the factory

image 2 is with the spyder 3 elite using their software.

image 3 which is the most accepted is using the spyder 3 elite but the software was from Coloreyes Display Pro

so my theory is that spyder 3 sucks on it's own because that one was the worst of them all. but using the spyder 3 with the other company's software is the most accepted.

however.... since there are so many companies out there doing calibration and they all say their formula is the best one we have a problem

each company has different settings.
so if you didn't do this survey like i did you would be blind still thinking that #2 was correct because you followed the directions and used spyder's software. here's the problem for example

i shoot and do my post on my calibrated monitor. i send it to the editor or ad agency but they are looking at it on their monitor which was calibrated by another company.. so it will look different because these companies cannot agree on which profile is correct??

i suppose calibration will get me closer than i was before but it still not a perfect world by a long shot

Mike Leggero

http://www.michaelleggero.com
 
Wow, I think the colors in #1 are the nicest. I think they get watered down along with the sharpness and contrast in the other two. If I look at the clouds alone I see this.

But maybe that's just my monitor because I am using Spyder3 express. :mrgreen:
 
In terms of colour, pic three works. However, none are correct because they all show posterization in the sky, just varying degrees. It is least noticeable in number 2.
 
I liked three because that shows the effect of sunlight on that golden sand; first looks a bit underexposedj second a bit over

Regards
 
In terms of colour, pic three works. However, none are correct because they all show posterization in the sky, just varying degrees. It is least noticeable in number 2.

Agree, and a bits of sensor dust.;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom